Author Topic: Is there an extension on the vehicle licence this year?  (Read 939 times)

Offline taxi1990

Is there an extension on the vehicle licence this year?
« on: July 31, 2021, 02:50:17 pm »
Is there an extension on the vehicle licence this year, due to covid?

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Is there an extension on the vehicle licence this year?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 02:55:21 pm »
Yes but phone the NTA with your specific situation.Otherwise you'll get ten different answers on here.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 03:01:39 pm »
Yes but phone the NTA with your specific situation.Otherwise you'll get ten different answers on here.

Im just getting held up with NCT, have to get something fixed, then put it through NCT again. hard to get mechanics at the moment.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 03:05:07 pm »
Deffo phone them anyway because there are vehicle age limit extensions.But you still have to your suitability as usual as far as I know.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 03:23:33 pm »
Currently they've granted that licences can be lapsed/inactive for a further year,you should have received an email from them detailing when your licence needs to be reactivated...or gone forever,
The current draft proposal is to allow vehicles that have already reached their maximum age limit(covered by previous drafts) and vehicles that will reach their maximum age during 2022 to continue operating for 1 more year.

What's wrong with your jammer btw?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 04:06:02 pm »
I'm still working, I'm not off on the pup.

I had to fix a few suspension parts. But now have to replace an egr valve.

The 2 day wait until the NCT pass shows up on the NTA system doesn't help either. I can't get my head around that to be honest.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 05:12:25 pm »
So when does your licence expire Italia.....are you afraid of getting caught with a late renewal fee?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 05:28:45 pm »
So when does your licence expire Italia.....are you afraid of getting caught with a late renewal fee?

it expires next week. I just don't want to be off the road until I can get the vehicle licence.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 06:34:06 pm »

it expires next week. I just don't want to be off the road until I can get the vehicle licence.
[/quote
I think the worst the NTA can hit you with is a late renewal fee,which i believe is €150,i think they've waived the €500 they normally charge,
You could get a rental for a week or two relatively cheap if your car isn't ready,
It's a very small window to get your car repaired,NCT'd and passed out.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 06:58:19 pm »

[/quote
I think the worst the NTA can hit you with is a late renewal fee,which i believe is €150,i think they've waived the €500 they normally charge,
You could get a rental for a week or two relatively cheap if your car isn't ready,
It's a very small window to get your car repaired,NCT'd and passed out.

Yeah it's my own fault really and was a bit unlucky with mechanics. You would wonder why the NTA have to fine us for late renewal.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 07:24:56 pm »
Because they can and they'd say that they give you 90 days prior to the licence expiry to arrange all that but i agree that the Taxi NCT system isn't the best in that i could book my car privately online for a date that suits me anytime within a few days but use the taxi hotline and they might squeeze you in in a week or two....that's always been my experience for Drogheda.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 10:43:32 pm »
Because they can and they'd say that they give you 90 days prior to the licence expiry to arrange all that but i agree that the Taxi NCT system isn't the best in that i could book my car privately online for a date that suits me anytime within a few days but use the taxi hotline and they might squeeze you in in a week or two....that's always been my experience for Drogheda.

What else could I expect from the useless shower I suppose.

I reckon I am going to be off for a good while now. My mechanic said he can bring my car straight to the NCT without an appointment though so that is something I suppose. The 2 days for the NCT to show on the NTA system is crazy though in this day and age, it should show up instantly.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 11:33:12 pm »
I thought they did away with that in the NCT due to covid,my neighbour is an inspector and was telling me that they did away with that.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2021, 08:28:05 am »
I thought they did away with that in the NCT due to covid,my neighbour is an inspector and was telling me that they did away with that.

Not sure. I will know next week. My mechanic told me yesterday he can drop it in without an appointment, he said he just rings the local NCT first and asks them can he bring it in.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2021, 11:55:45 am »
Best of luck anyway.

Show Unread Posts