Author Topic: Welsh Female Olympian drove taxi at weekends to make money  (Read 462 times)

Offline watty

Welsh Female Olympian drove taxi at weekends to make money
« on: August 09, 2021, 07:09:11 pm »
Rowdy passengers were no match for taxi driver turned boxing champ Lauren Price (Indo)

The late-night revellers picked up in gold medal-winning boxer Lauren Price’s taxi were so in awe of her they never gave her any trouble, her aunt has said.  Price battled her way to Olympic glory in the women’s middleweight final early on Sunday morning, defeating China’s Li Qian to take the top spot on the podium.  It is the latest victory in a glittering career for the athlete, who was previously four-time youth kickboxing champion and has 52 caps for the Welsh football team.  When she opted to chase her dream of Olympic boxing glory over her promising club football with Cardiff City, she helped make ends meet by driving a taxi at weekends.

In an interview with the Duke of Cambridge ahead of her final bout, she said: “I picked up all the drunks on a Friday and Saturday night.”  He laughed: “I bet they didn’t mess with you, Lauren.”  Her aunt, Alison Morris, 44, told the PA news agency that Price had never taken any nonsense from her passengers in the Welsh valleys.  “Everybody knows Lauren throughout the country,” she said.  She joked her niece is a “bit of a celebrity” and getting in her taxi was something of a treat for locals.

Olympic silver medal for boxing, 4 times youth kickboxing champ and 52 caps for Welsh football team.  No messing with her!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Welsh Female Olympian drove taxi at weekends to make money
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 09:41:08 am »
Is she related to Gerwyn?

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Welsh Female Olympian drove taxi at weekends to make money
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 10:41:15 am »
Rowdy passengers were no match for taxi driver turned boxing champ Lauren Price (Indo)

The late-night revellers picked up in gold medal-winning boxer Lauren Price’s taxi were so in awe of her they never gave her any trouble, her aunt has said.  Price battled her way to Olympic glory in the women’s middleweight final early on Sunday morning, defeating China’s Li Qian to take the top spot on the podium.  It is the latest victory in a glittering career for the athlete, who was previously four-time youth kickboxing champion and has 52 caps for the Welsh football team.  When she opted to chase her dream of Olympic boxing glory over her promising club football with Cardiff City, she helped make ends meet by driving a taxi at weekends.

In an interview with the Duke of Cambridge ahead of her final bout, she said: “I picked up all the drunks on a Friday and Saturday night.”  He laughed: “I bet they didn’t mess with you, Lauren.”  Her aunt, Alison Morris, 44, told the PA news agency that Price had never taken any nonsense from her passengers in the Welsh valleys.  “Everybody knows Lauren throughout the country,” she said.  She joked her niece is a “bit of a celebrity” and getting in her taxi was something of a treat for locals.

Olympic silver medal for boxing, 4 times youth kickboxing champ and 52 caps for Welsh football team.  No messing with her!

I'd say she's packin alri!!

Show Unread Posts