Author Topic: Northside driver gives Dalkey woman free taxi ride  (Read 1932 times)

Online watty

Northside driver gives Dalkey woman free taxi ride
« on: August 12, 2021, 05:51:51 pm »
Good Samaritan Dublin taxi driver comes to elderly lady's rescue as social media search begins

A social media search for a kindhearted Dublin taxi driver got underway yesterday after he helped out an elderly lady in an extraordinary way.

A Dalkey woman posted in a local Facebook group, describing the kindness her mother received when she was in a tricky situation on Tuesday.  Her mother was left stranded late at night after being let down by a local taxi company for a lift to hospital in Dalkey.  The compassionate taxi driver stopped, brought the lady to the hospital, and refused to take any money.

The post said: "By the power of social media we are trying to find a taxi driver who kindly stopped on the main street in Dalkey at 11:30pm last night for my 80 year old mum who was going to St Michael's Hospital.  "She was let down by a local company and this taxi driver not only looked after her but refused to take any money from her and we as a family would just like to thank him personally for the kindness he showed in very upsetting circumstances.  "We do know that he's not a local driver as he didn't know the area and had come from the Northside."

The post has received over a hundred shares and many have expressed their joy upon hearing the story.  One person said: "There are some good people left in the world. Thank God, I hope she's alright bless her."

Offline markmiwurdz

Re: Northside driver gives Dalkey woman free taxi ride
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 06:01:58 pm »
FDS?? ::fds ::fds

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 06:55:57 pm »
Didn't know the area, for fooksake it's not LA or New York you lot think ye live in !!

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 06:58:05 pm »
FDS?? ::fds ::fds

I hope he comes back and John stays gone !!!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 08:43:04 pm »
Another Northside hero.....Bob was too busy i guess!!

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 05:32:46 am »
Which is the scumy side of Dooblin ? Northside or Southside ?

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 06:11:37 am »
https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0812/1240553-gerard-hutch-spain/

Speaking of northsiders  C:-)

A bit odd that his brother is released from the chokey and he gets lifted a week or so later,mind you it's unlike him to be so careless,maybe he wanted to be caught as Patrick Hutch walked from his charges.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 06:12:23 am »

North ciders are the ruffians Ken...... ::fuck ::fuck

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2021, 06:50:14 am »

The same as Cork so !, you would have a better chance of getting a Blowie off Shania Twain than getting a FN cab in the Northside of Cork after midnight on a weekend night !

Offline Horse

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 09:10:01 am »

That's putting it mildly there marko.  I'll have to go a little easy on them because there's a few amongst us, octy being one but northsiders are the trash of Dublin Ken. Who could blame them really considering the kips that's all around them. Not a mountain in sight only dodgy parks that paedo's and dealers occupy, Anne's down near octy being only 2nd to the phoenix Park which is just full of pure scum after dark. Interesting fact, Aras an Uachtarain, in the phoenix Park on Dublin's northside, has a Dublin 8 address.  It's the only part of Dublin that sits on the northside of the liffey to have an even postcode.  Every other part of North Dublin has an uneven number as a postcode.  This concludes that not even the president of Ireland wants a northside address because yes, that's how shitty the northside is!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 09:33:33 am »
North West Dublin is the new Northside lads.Many of the kips of the north side have been made nice and partially gentrified.

Everything from Tallaght all the way to Tyrellstown is where the immigrants love to set up base.Good spots and bad spots everywhere.Dublin is too small to be picky.

Offline Horse

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2021, 09:37:06 am »
I'd agree with everything you say there merch except that Tallaght is not northside. It's sits in the tranquility of the south west, nestled lovingly into the Dublin mountains.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2021, 09:56:18 am »
I know Tallaght fairly well but the liffey isn't the dividing line anymore the way it once was.Tallaght would be kinda South West I suppose.So South West to North West might be a better way to describe the new Northside.All areas are infinity better than Cork.

Changes all time there are even a few black families in Cabra now.30 year's ago they'd have been made feel very uncomfortable.Not by me but that was the way it was.I think I saw a gay pride flag the other day down the road from me gaff.World is changing fast.

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2021, 09:58:26 am »
Southside Ken...Tallaght,  clondalkin, ballybrack, ballyfermot, Crumlin,  drimnaa,  the list is endless of kips are all on the southside .......bring a stab vest if yur comin

Show Unread Posts