Author Topic: Dave Weafer RIP  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Dave Weafer RIP
« on: August 17, 2021, 05:40:30 pm »
Sadly passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning. Well known to many on here and probably Roy's and the old Spar Shop forum, particularly those who attended trade meetings/protests over the years. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this sad time.

https://rip.ie/death-notice/david-weafer-clontarf-dublin/466923

Offline Cool Boola

Re: Dave Weafer RIP
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 07:31:49 pm »
R.I.P. Dave.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 07:45:54 pm »
Sadly passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning. Well known to many on here and probably Roy's and the old Spar Shop forum, particularly those who attended trade meetings/protests over the years. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this sad time.

https://rip.ie/death-notice/david-weafer-clontarf-dublin/466923
I saw that and meant to post it. R.I.P.

Anti-establishment to the end:
David Weafer, a taxi driver for 19 years, is definitely voting No. "Brussels has turned into the Big Brother of Europe," he says, arms folded and leaning against his car, itself festooned with anti-Lisbon Treaty stickers.

"The EU has a social dumping policy that allows foreign workers to come in and take our jobs," he adds. "The taxi industry is destroyed."

A SMALL but vocal protest was held outside the Department of Finance in Dublin yesterday in advance of the release of the Government’s four-year plan.

Up to 50 people, vastly outnumbered by the international media, chanted and waved signs under the banner of the People Before Profit Alliance.

They called for the resignation of Brian Cowen and his Government, the expulsion of the International Monetary Fund from the State, and a national strike.

They also appealed to the public to participate in the protest march organised for Saturday by the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (Ictu).

A further handful of Sinn Féin protesters, including TDs Aengus Ó Snodaigh and Martin Ferris, unfurled Tricolours outside the gates of Government Buildings and stood silently calling for a public demonstration on December 4th.

Eight taxis also briefly participated in the protest, driving slowly down Merrion Street with a tombstone on the roof of the lead car.

One man, David Weafer, from Clontarf, who had saved a collection of posters from the Lisbon referendum campaign, also attended the protest.

The posters included slogans such as “Good for Ireland, Good for Europe”, from Fianna Fáil and “Yes to Recovery, Yes to Europe” from Fine Gael.

Mr Weafer said he knew the posters would come in useful one day. He wanted to show how the politicians had lied and deceived the Irish people, he said.

The death has occurred of David WEAFER
Clontarf, Dublin
David WEAFER
WEAFER, David (Clontarf, Dublin) – 14th August 2021, peacefully, in the wonderful care of the staff of St. Francis Hospice, Raheny surrounded by his loving family. Beloved husband of Ciara and devoted father to Roisin and Darragh; he will be very sadly missed by his wife, children, mother Catherine, sisters Catherine, Noeleen, Deborah and Barbara, brothers Tony and Richard, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, relatives, neighbours and friends (particularly all his friends in the Morning Star Hostel, especially Willie Burke).

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 10:49:49 am »
R.I.P. Dave .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 12:56:19 pm »
He was gas for giving the taxi regulator the runaround during the financial crisis. They, taking the roof sign, him forcing them to hand it back sheepishly. 8)

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 10:57:40 am »
What was his old handle on Roy's ?

R.I.P.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 11:38:16 am »
Can't remember now... think he may have been more of a Spar Shop man.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 11:58:27 am »
Ahh the spar shop , forgot about that one.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 02:30:52 pm »

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 04:46:53 pm »
Ah John F, that's sad, condolences to his family.
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 12:51:14 pm »
That's a good few drivers this month
I knew 2 last week not posters here though
RIP all

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2021, 05:30:58 pm »
Ah John F, that's sad, condolences to his family.

+1. RIP John

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2021, 11:59:15 pm »
I don’t know of anyone who has posted here who has passed away………………………That’s why I keep posting
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 07:15:05 pm »
We had a good guy called True Dub - Dave, haven't heard from him in a long time. We know he'd had a stroke. He posted for a while after that, then nothing. Maybe RC can enlighten us.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2021, 03:33:44 pm »
Dave Jennings.... haven't heard from him for a few years. He'd recovered very well from the stroke when we last met and he was active in lobbying for taxi trade at that time. His then intention was to renew/restore his plate although he was unsure if he would ever be certified fit to drive again. If memory serves, Vinny Kearns did say he'd give him or help him find a job if he wanted one. Not sure if he followed up on that or what he's done since but his plate lapsed in 2016.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 03:36:42 pm by Rat Catcher »

Show Unread Posts