Author Topic: Dash Cams - Advice from Free Now  (Read 513 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Dash Cams - Advice from Free Now
« on: August 20, 2021, 12:04:20 pm »
Junk mail from Free Now:

Hi Stephen,

You may have decided to use a dash-cam in your taxi to record video of the road ahead and/or occupants of your vehicle. If so, it is important that you understand your obligations under Data Protection law.

Some key points for you to consider are:

Transparency: there should be a clearly visible sign or sticker or other indication on and/or inside the vehicle to indicate that recording is taking place.

Retention: footage should not be retained indefinitely and should be routinely deleted.

Right of Access: if you have a recording of someone it is personal data, they have a right to access that data and you should be able to provide it on request within a month.

Publication of Footage: be aware that the publication of footage, for example on social media platforms, would represent a further act of processing and most likely infringe the data protection rights of recorded individuals.

Sharing Footage: the police (An Garda Síochána) may request a copy of dash cam footage from you in relation to the investigation of a crime. Unrelated third-parties have, in general, no right under Irish Law to obtain dash-cam footage from you such as in relation to a road accident.

The Data Protection Commission provides more detailed guidance for drivers on the use of dash cams, which we recommend you read here. https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/dpc-guidance/guidance-drivers-use-dash-cams

Please note: FREE NOW does not require drivers to use dashboard-mounted video recording systems (dash-cams) in their vehicles.

Thanks,
The FREE NOW Driver Team

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
Re: Dash Cams - Advice from Free Now
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:49:45 pm »
Legally ......That's absolutely fuk all business of theirs ........
Let me remind them if they want to play at bein an employer of ther obligations regarding sick pay , holiday pay, minimum wage , pension entitlements etcetera etcetera etcetera etcetera.....
I suppose it was the same pimpley University graduate who didn't know his arse from his elbow  wrote that ..that  sent us youtube videos of how to make a  safety screen out of potentially lethal perspex wit duct tape an a hacksaw  an cable ties..........
More idiots maskeradin as intelligent life  ::fight

God I'm angry today ........ >:(
Maybe a nap sort me out  ....

::sleep

Offline Cletus

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 05:27:22 pm »
Well if they are annoying you so much Uber have just announced in Ireland ...tipping is now allowed...only 2 minutes waiting time and a cancellation fee if passenger does not show after the two minutes....plus it's only 12% commission...hopefully this will cheer you up! Don't know how much work they have though but seems like Freenow are going to get it from all angles soon!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:31:54 pm by Cletus »

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 10:11:13 pm »
Good post Cletus.

Offline Belker

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 07:54:39 am »
https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/taxi-driver-appears-in-court-accused-of-sharing-video-of-couple-engaged-in-sex-act-in-cab-40764978.html

A taxi driver appeared in court today accused of disseminating a video of a couple engaging in a sex act in the back seat of his cab.

Standing at the back of Craigavon Magistrates Court, 54-year-old Andrew Peter Quinn Tortolani spoke only to confirm that he understood the single charge against him.

Tortolani, from Sandringham in Portadown, is charged with the improper use of a public communication network on July 18 this year by sending a “message or other matter was indecent.” More ....

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 07:57:41 am »
I was wondering what prompted FN to send out their last email about CCTV.

Show Unread Posts