Author Topic: iCabbi  (Read 320 times)

Offline Bob Shillin

iCabbi
« on: August 26, 2021, 06:32:50 pm »
I know that they have been all over social media, and in particular linkedin for the last few years, highlighting their success, and I note that they have appointed a new Chief Technical Officer. I struggle to see their growth path insofar as they seem to try to sell their software to traditional despatchers. How many of the remaining despatchers in Ireland use them? Have they a growth path in other countries i.e. large towns in the UK?
I don't see that the future of the despatch industry is tech, unless that tech has the budget to drive the customers to the driver, and the financial capacity to reduce the cost of that work to the same drivers in order to compete with FN and the like. Surely the game is now about drivers, customers, and money, with drivers being redundant possible somewhere in the future.
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

Offline watty

Re: iCabbi
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 06:49:28 pm »
Maybe their niche is smaller towns in the UK/Europe/USA where it would be too expensive for the likes of FN to come in and buy their marketshare?  Even in Ireland, FN is only 'big' in a few cities.  Do they have a presence in Limerick or Galway or Ballydehob?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 07:46:18 pm »
Gavan got a large fortune off Renault for (a large slice of) it. I'm guessing the data it processes for all the dispatch firms is of primary interest. Coincidentally, ISM recently done a deal with Reno as well!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 08:07:32 pm »
I know that they have been all over social media, and in particular linkedin for the last few years, highlighting their success, and I note that they have appointed a new Chief Technical Officer. I struggle to see their growth path insofar as they seem to try to sell their software to traditional despatchers. How many of the remaining despatchers in Ireland use them? Have they a growth path in other countries i.e. large towns in the UK?
I don't see that the future of the despatch industry is tech, unless that tech has the budget to drive the customers to the driver, and the financial capacity to reduce the cost of that work to the same drivers in order to compete with FN and the like. Surely the game is now about drivers, customers, and money, with drivers being redundant possible somewhere in the future.
See if Gerry still works with Gavan out in Howth. Their main market seems to be minicab firms. This won't have done Mr Walsh any favours:
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-competition-watchdog-clears-ubers-takeover-autocab-2021-03-29/

Show Unread Posts