Author Topic: Aggravating  (Read 1481 times)

Offline watty

Re: Aggravating
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 02:03:20 pm »

i hate those rare ones were the fare will be 7 or something and they'll hand ye 12. thanks very much indeed. no, gimme back a fiver. jaysusssssssss.

rofl  I hate when that happens!

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 06:15:10 pm »
The one that annoy's me is when the fare is 17 or 18 and they hand you a Score note saying; "That's Grand !" and then remain seated waiting fer their change !

Give them the evil eye.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 07:52:39 pm »
the best one is when a fuckin haggler goes up and down the queue.
you tell them the cost of their destination and they scoff at you for having the common sense not to tolerate a cunt that can afford to pay the proper fare.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2021, 10:17:03 am »
House moving job a minimum of 25 bucks.
Take it or leave it

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 02:52:24 pm »
The one that annoy's me is when the fare is 17 or 18 and they hand you a Score note saying; "That's Grand !" and then remain seated waiting fer their change !

Give them the evil eye.
My new approach is to say pleasantly but firmly "THANKS VERY MUCH" and pocket the note !

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 03:14:49 pm »
I had a black dude in the cab last weekend coming from a rave in Cork South going home to Cork north, 3 extra pax so full Fiver extras, he was a nice lad and we chatted all the way home. At journey end the fare was 38.60 + 5.00, he asks; "How much ?" and I total the meter and tell him "43.60", he hands me a Nifty note saying; "That's grand" but he remains seated.
Eventually I reach in to my top pocket to get him a Fiver in change v e r y  s l o w l y, and then I ask him if he would like a printed receipt. He declines the receipt and then I say; "Just a sec, I'll root ya out a birra change", he remains seated while all his companions have left and very s l o w l y I root out his 1.50 in change and de miserable kount waits fer it !

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 04:10:37 pm »
Hungry feckers, taxi fares are expensive enough, you should be delighted with a €43.60 fare, and giving out about those taking 15%, not the hand that is feeding you. He wasn't miserable, he just shelled out on his own for a very good fare, not miserable in my book.
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 04:28:42 pm »
i hadda a black businessman dude once pay the fare to the button.
think it was €9.85 or something and the pennys came out.
i says don't worry about it and he kept fumbling.
smallest coin i carry is a 50 cent.
i hadda a bag lady ask me for 5 cent change once as well and i handed her 50 cent and says keep it and she scrambled to gimme 45 cent back and i said will ye for fuck sake get out i'm blocking the traffic.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2021, 11:38:28 am »
Hungry feckers, taxi fares are expensive enough, you should be delighted with a €43.60 fare, and giving out about those taking 15%, not the hand that is feeding you. He wasn't miserable, he just shelled out on his own for a very good fare, not miserable in my book.

+1.67... I'd bet the same men complaining are the very hungry cunts who haggle with insurance firms, drive extra yards to save a few coppers on fuel and stand at the bar counter waiting for change from a score for 3 pints of porter or wait for the front line checkout girl in Tesco to find a few coins change, etc, etc....

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2021, 05:52:35 pm »

+1.67... I'd bet the same men complaining are the very hungry cunts who haggle with insurance firms, drive extra yards to save a few coppers on fuel and stand at the bar counter waiting for change from a score for 3 pints of porter or wait for the front line checkout girl in Tesco to find a few coins change, etc, etc....

Hearin ye......first out of the taxi,last to the bar kind!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2021, 11:55:14 pm »
I was after doing me bit fer him Harry by explaining the term 'Kerry pike' where he lived to him in detail and the history of the meaning, I reckoned that I had earned my tip, but your right and I was happy enough with the fare.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2021, 09:29:48 am »
Or when you get a tip and his wife try's to take credit for it ,..... telling you how great you are and that you deserve it, even though the cuunt hasn't opened her purse.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2021, 09:33:49 am »
i hadda a black businessman dude once pay the fare to the button.
think it was €9.85 or something and the pennys came out.
i says don't worry about it and he kept fumbling.
smallest coin i carry is a 50 cent.
i hadda a bag lady ask me for 5 cent change once as well and i handed her 50 cent and says keep it and she scrambled to gimme 45 cent back and i said will ye for fuck sake get out i'm blocking the traffic.

At least she tried to pay you what you were owed. other tight people would be delighted they got 45 cent  worth of taxi fare for free.

Years ago I didn't carry anything smaller than 1 euro coins. Then I brought some millionaire businesses man home, fare was 9.80, he gave me 10 euro, I had to give him back a 1 euro coin and the tight prick took it. Now I carry 20 cent coins for guys like him.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 09:36:34 am by taxi1990 »

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2021, 09:46:41 am »
I helped a family move once, it took 2 or 3 trips, my taxi was full of their possessions on all 3 trips. I helped them lug the stuff up stairs etc my arms were in bits for a day or 2 after it. thanks a million he says I will use you now anytime I need a taxi. That was about a year ago, I haven't seen him since.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2021, 08:12:53 pm »
I helped a family move once, it took 2 or 3 trips, my taxi was full of their possessions on all 3 trips. I helped them lug the stuff up stairs etc my arms were in bits for a day or 2 after it. thanks a million he says I will use you now anytime I need a taxi. That was about a year ago, I haven't seen him since.

Where are ye based Italia?....i might be moving soon!! lol

Show Unread Posts