Author Topic: Best way to deal with aggressive passengers?  (Read 822 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Best way to deal with aggressive passengers?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2021, 03:44:58 pm »
I have only ever had to ring the guards once about a non paying customer/Traveller.

If it ever happens again, say the fare is 40 and they are only willing to pay 25. I will refuse the 25 and tell them I am leaving and will be reporting them to the Gardai. Im not waiting round for the guards, it might take them a long while to get there.
So basically you are letting them off with the fare by leaving ?
If'n your going to leave, then at least take what is on offer because there won't be any more dosh forthcoming !

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2021, 03:55:48 pm »
yes but you pretend to be talking to the coppers first. a gurrier does'nt want them arriving when they're stinking of cannabis and have coke in their pockets etc. if that does nothing then you know you're dealing with heavy duty scum. wait around for the police or just write it off. depends on a number of factors. i hadda an aulwan in clontarf one night. fare was twenty quid. that's amazing i can get the fuckin bus to kerry for a fiver or something she says. don't worry about it. get out of the car. are you sure she says. i am get out of the car. realising she was just cunted she tried to make amends and come up to my window to hand me something and i spun the car round and gunned it back in to town. fuck off and leave me alone for fuck sake.
Nope, not fer me, I don't bluff, If'n I say that I will call the Guards then I will, that is what the Gardai are there for.

yes kenny but the point i'm making is the vast majority of dirt will start coughing up the bread if they think you have the lawboys on stand by. if they don't care that you're perceived to be talking to the coppers well then it's time to really get the coppers involved.

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2021, 04:44:31 pm »
Rules are out the winda with travellers, they have no fear of the guards.
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

Offline Belker

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2021, 04:47:38 pm »
It's a Funny game by night, most often we can Play our customers but when Push comes to Shove then I have no problem calling the Gardai, most often they are very accomodating to Taxi drivers !

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2021, 04:52:34 pm »
Totally agreed, Knackers are above the law, they do as they please and answer to no one.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2021, 05:50:25 pm »
I have only ever had to ring the guards once about a non paying customer/Traveller.

If it ever happens again, say the fare is 40 and they are only willing to pay 25. I will refuse the 25 and tell them I am leaving and will be reporting them to the Gardai. Im not waiting round for the guards, it might take them a long while to get there.
So basically you are letting them off with the fare by leaving ?
If'n your going to leave, then at least take what is on offer because there won't be any more dosh forthcoming !

I haven't had to do it yet, but have threatened to leave without nothing but the full fare. they always pay up. it will look worse for them if the guards call, not paying any of the 40 euro looks way worse than them paying 25 euro of a 40 euro bill. Are they given a chance if they pay the next day or few days, or can you have them prosecuted for not paying at the time?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 05:52:44 pm »
Totally agreed, Knackers are above the law, they do as they please and answer to no one.

The only time I had to call the guards over refusal to pay was a traveller. He paid the next day when the owner of the b&b they were staying in called him out in front of all his friends for not paying.

Show Unread Posts