Author Topic: GOD can go and FUCK OFF  (Read 956 times)

Offline Bob Shillin

Re: GOD can go and FUCK OFF
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2021, 03:28:30 pm »
Failed to prepare, hence they were prepared to fail.
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2021, 06:14:06 pm »
THE EUROPEAN COURT of Human Rights (ECHR) will today rule on a challenge to the wording of the presidential oath in Ireland, which currently requires those elected to swear to “almighty God”.

The Constitution states that the President when entering office must make a declaration “in the presence of Almighty God” about their promise to fulfil their duties and maintain the constitution.

The challenge over this constitutional requirement for the President and a body that advises the president is being taken by TDs Roisin Shortall and John Brady, Senator David Norris, former CEO of Barnardos Fergus Finlay and Trinity College Dublin Chancellor David McConnell. 

The applicants claim the declarations required by Article 12.8 and 31.4 of the Constitution “exclude conscientious non-Christians, non-believers and those who do not wish to violate their consciences both from the office of President and from membership of the Council of State”.

They claim that as prominent politicians and members of Irish civil society they can legitimately aspire to being elected to the office of President or to being appointed to the Council of State.

The applicants claim that the requirements for religious declaration for these offices in the Constitution would either prevent them from taking up these offices or require them to make a religious declaration against their conscience.

They also claim that their rights to freedom of thought, conscience and religion under Article 9.1 have been violated by the above requirements.

The case is due to be heard before the European Court of Human Rights this morning.
Weren't both Norris and Finlay presidential candidates?

Offline John m

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2021, 06:23:46 pm »
And the ECJ judged they were no hopers .Sort of correctly .

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2021, 11:44:04 am »
Whats happening with Brexit…..Is food really going up by 30% for xmas….Start your day with a new worry!
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline John m

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2021, 12:03:44 pm »
Whats happening with Brexit…..Is food really going up by 30% for xmas….Start your day with a new worry!

Bertie just called the kip a Ghetto .That will please the sash wearers of East Belfast .30% might be about right .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2021, 01:22:29 pm »
Arlene was well pleased by Bertie!! lol

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2021, 02:14:32 pm »
Arlene was well pleased by Bertie!! lol
In 2003 Ahern told the press he broached the subject of Guanama with George W. Bush. He must OF had Ermy as an advisor. 8)

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2021, 02:43:28 am »
 oops oops oopsEmmy Bullet an Shilver Bullet…2 stray cannons
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline John m

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2021, 11:55:21 am »
Kids Nativity Plays are to be barred but  Alan from Virgin can still do his Panto and if the crowds dont come he can get Panto Puppy Dole from the Government .Is this Government anty GOD banned holy Communions and Confos restricted the number at weddings and christenings now banning Kids Christmas plays .A few parents cannot turn up for a kids play but 37.000 can attend a Football match .Makes you wonder if the Church would let a pair of Boys or a pair of Girls get married in the Church would they be so quick to want to close down any religious ceremony .?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2021, 02:49:38 pm »
oops oops oopsEmmy Bullet an Shilver Bullet…2 stray cannons
We only kid on Coola, it's only banter.

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 02:08:54 am »
... You dont need to swear on the Bible in Court never did .That was just In Perry Mason or Rumpole of the Bailey TV Shows .....
That is not correct John M. I have been in the witness box multiple times about 10 years back and every time I was asked to put my right hand on the bible while swearing the oath. One judge even asked me during a case to put my hand on the bible before answering a particular question.

Offline John m

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2021, 05:26:36 am »
... You dont need to swear on the Bible in Court never did .That was just In Perry Mason or Rumpole of the Bailey TV Shows .....
That is not correct John M. I have been in the witness box multiple times about 10 years back and every time I was asked to put my right hand on the bible while swearing the oath. One judge even asked me during a case to put my hand on the bible before answering a particular question.

Ken you never ever had to swear on the Bible in an Irish Court EVER .You may of been asked but you can decline .Why would an Athiest or Muslim swear on that book .and that is all it is a book .What you make in court is your solemn oath to be truthful you may chose to do this in a theatrical way by playing with the Library .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2021, 07:19:55 pm »

Ken you never ever had to swear on the Bible in an Irish Court EVER .You may of been asked but you can decline .Why would an Athiest or Muslim swear on that book .and that is all it is a book .What you make in court is your solemn oath to be truthful you may chose to do this in a theatrical way by playing with the Library .
Taking the stand
At the trial, you may be one of a number of witnesses who are going to give evidence. Normally you will wait in the court and watch the trial until it is your turn to give evidence. Sometimes you may be asked to leave the court and if that happens, you will be told when to return.

When it is your turn to give evidence, the solicitor or barrister for the person who called you as a witness will stand up and name you as the next witness. You walk up to the front of the court and go into the witness box.

You can take an oath or affirmation. To take an oath, you stand in the witness box and the court registrar hands you a Bible or the holy text for your religion, if it is available. You hold the Bible or holy text and repeat the following oath after the registrar. The oath is "I swear by Almighty God (or whoever is relevant according to your religious belief) that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth".

You must tell the registrar if you want to take the affirmation instead of the oath. If the holy text for your religion isn’t available to take the oath, you can take the affirmation instead. The words of the affirmation are "I, do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that the evidence that I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth". When you have repeated your oath or affirmation, you will sit down.

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2021, 08:28:28 am »
Yea, like your case is on a knife-edge and you want to be pissing the Judge off ??

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2021, 11:38:03 am »
would you lie in court……to save your life
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Show Unread Posts