Author Topic: EV Fuel Cost?  (Read 492 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: EV Fuel Cost?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2021, 12:59:05 pm »
Yeah RC......i think it's more than 1% discount for paying by DD......you probably don't even pay the fukin bill.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 01:07:46 pm »
Just curious RC but what's the reason for not going direct debit by default?

Having to visit the post office to pay my bills sounds like a pain.Even though it's around the corner from me.I think I've been using Direct debits only for at least 25 years.

It was a few years back when I signed up. I was in the habit of paying the bills in the Newsagent on North St., Swords back then as I worked for C2k and I passed by or went into that shop for smokes every day... and, with C2K, 93.27% of our takings was cash so I always had plenty of cash on hand. To pay by DD, I'd have to at some point go to a bank and lodge my cash, paying the bank for both the lodgment and the DD - back then BOI fees were on a transactional basis rather than the current theiving €6/month.

Anywaysanll, in recent years I've always paid by card on tinternet so, bar the losss of a little insignificant control, DDs wouldn't bother me now... partcularly as I currently have fee free banking with N26.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 01:11:13 pm »
Yeah RC......i think it's more than 1% discount for paying by DD......you probably don't even pay the fukin bill.

I don't think so. I get 7.5% (Pay On Time/Ebill/Dual Fuel)... I'm pretty sure it was 8 or 8.5% with DD thrown in.

Online watty

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2021, 01:37:59 pm »

4c per Kilometre not per Kilowatt hour is what's suggested in the discount i.e. 7,500KM equates to €300 credit. As MfH suggests the average will vary from case to case but would 4c/KM be a reasonable starting point?

<snip>

No idea, sorry.

Show Unread Posts