Author Topic: Do FreeNow promotions break the PSV rules/ethos?  (Read 1466 times)

Offline watty

Re: Do FreeNow promotions break the PSV rules/ethos?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2022, 08:07:47 pm »
8872 ÷ 365 = 24 jobs per day with no days off. Unlikely.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2022, 08:15:07 pm »
When I started out during the shite years I was taking all the work I could .A young lad with major bills to pay could do the long hours.I was working 14 hours a day and I know drivers who were doing 18.Now I'm nearly retired.

When hailo started I'd easily do 25 jobs in a day around Christmas.Not anymore though.Cant even get off the sofa.

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2022, 08:45:03 pm »
Sure you're a kept man at this stage MFH....your aspirations realised!!

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2022, 10:39:53 pm »
More gick from freenow ..don't be mindin them
...did yu know that 50% of Pakistani marry ther first cousin?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2022, 02:29:47 am »
I'd say one driver could do it if he has a spot that he likes to work where nobody else likes.Ballymun for example...I hate the place and rarely pick up out there but there is a lot of shit local work that would keep ya busy if you worked 6/7 days.

I've seen drivers parked up at night waiting for the app to give them a job rather than look for street work, when it's hopping out. We've been conditioned to take app jobs over street work.Some even defend Freenow on here.Takes all sorts.
Probably too risky to share the app or car, accidents, insurance etc  cosy days are gone.. 24 jobs per day for 365 days is body killing.
"Many a road taken by many a first friend
And each one I've never seen again
I wish, I wish, I wish in vain
That we could sit simply in that room again
Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat
I'd give it all gladly if our lives could be like that" BD's Dream

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2022, 12:36:24 pm »
It's hard going alright Bob but the app rewards hard work and long hours.If yer doing split shifts and working all the peak hours it just keeps feeding you.One busy ambassador could be doing the work of two or three if the algorithm takes a fancy to him.Well that was my expeirence back when it was Hailo.There was a Romanian chap I used to meet on the ranks and he was doing 25/30 jobs a day working the Southside.It's not easy though as you know.

I found the contsant bings and bongs from the app used to drive me nuts after a busy few weeks.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2022, 01:22:37 pm »
Did they say how much freight he paid? I remember when we could do as much work as we wanted for €80/week.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2022, 04:10:39 pm »
Did they say how much freight he paid? I remember when we could do as much work as we wanted for €80/week.
€20k+ I would say.
"Many a road taken by many a first friend
And each one I've never seen again
I wish, I wish, I wish in vain
That we could sit simply in that room again
Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat
I'd give it all gladly if our lives could be like that" BD's Dream

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2022, 06:26:02 pm »
Didn't we get charged a commission on account work in Metro, City,Blue,NRC, VIP, and practically any other old-fashioned cab company, on top of that IR£80, plus pay for uniforms, meter insurance, bribes, Xmas boxes, etc? I could go on... 8)

Offline Belker

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2022, 08:56:18 am »
One strange 'FACT' on that FN yearbook email was that the longest fare was just 157 km fer 236 Euro, that is just like Dooblin to Kilkenny, are they saying that in a whole year not a single Cork/Dooblin job was completed on the app ??

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2022, 01:38:12 pm »
Didn't we get charged a commission on account work in Metro, City,Blue,NRC, VIP, and practically any other old-fashioned cab company, on top of that IR£80, plus pay for uniforms, meter insurance, bribes, Xmas boxes, etc? I could go on... 8)

I was never charged commission by Blue Cabs or C2k or bought a uniform. C2K freight was €80 not IR£80 and you could do as much or as little work as you wanted for that and the company paid for the shirts, good quality they were too, Fruit Of The Loom if memory serves.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2022, 02:36:40 pm »

I was never charged commission by Blue Cabs or C2k or bought a uniform. C2K freight was €80 not IR£80 and you could do as much or as little work as you wanted for that and the company paid for the shirts, good quality they were too, Fruit Of The Loom if memory serves.
Were you expected to do the 37% discount HSE work, for which no written agreement was ever shared with the drivers?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2022, 02:46:09 pm »
No. All HSE work on C2K and Blue Cabs was full fare back then. In fact, we often got well over the odds allowing passengers with individual vouchers share taxis at busy times which was most times back then.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2022, 02:57:11 pm »
No. All HSE work on C2K and Blue Cabs was full fare back then. In fact, we often got well over the odds allowing passengers with individual vouchers share taxis at busy times which was most times back then.
Did ya drive the northside Merc or a southside Merc with the same reg? 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2022, 03:02:35 pm »
Never drove a Mercedes as a taxi.

Show Unread Posts