Author Topic: It's Over ! OVER !!  (Read 2329 times)

Offline silverbullet

Re: It's Over ! OVER !!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2022, 05:35:31 pm »
Satellite do the same accept/decline
It’s not like the radio days when your wer with The Dark Lord
I heard the Dark Lord was offering the same on an Icabbie system, 2 bucks per job.

I honestly believe that Feeding goes on in every base and that is the main reason that I dislike the idea of joining any of them, also the long run-in's are a pain.
The average fare is a tenner, paying 20% or €2.00 a job is a no-no.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2022, 10:16:37 pm »
How did you finish up financially on the darts in the end ?
Or should I not ask ??

Withdrew €400 before the final, leaving €125.90 which I "invested" in Peter Wright giving me a balance of €233.24 to play with = €623.24 total profit from the tournament. I briefly (and briefly lucratively) diversified into backing horses with no strategy whatsoever for a few days from Boxing Day. I kept the horse profit to the horses after reimbursing the initial stake to the darts profit and that grew to nearly €1,000 - lumping on to Mullins in the Bumper was a daily ritual! - 'till I blew the lot on a few short priced favs on New Years Eve.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2022, 10:41:45 pm »
Oh, I forgot... I did get something out of the horses. I found a fiver in my Tote account which I invested on the Leopardstown placepot on the 28th, all on one (winning) line giving me a current balance of €65.xx. Did you know tote.ie - or tote.co.uk if you prefer since the nanny was sold (or leased?) to the brits - pay a 10% bonus on dividends, toteplus they call it... so don't do your tote bets anywhere else! Anywaysanall, that was the pub race day which was a roaring success, craic agus ceol galore. I hope he does it every year!

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2022, 07:11:34 am »
I heard the Dark Lord was offering the same on an Icabbie system, 2 bucks per job.

I honestly believe that Feeding goes on in every base and that is the main reason that I dislike the idea of joining any of them, also the long run-in's are a pain.

Wouldn’t mind giving the extra 50 cent on a tenner fare to a local cab company who is creating employment and providing a local service than giving it to Mytaxi where it ends up in Germany or wherever.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2022, 02:00:05 pm »

Wouldn’t mind giving the extra 50 cent on a tenner fare to a local cab company who is creating employment and providing a local service than giving it to Mytaxi where it ends up in Germany or wherever.
Sure isn't the old-fashioned cab company market share diminishing daily?  It appears they're only doing the depressing daily HSE work. Little or no night work.

Offline Belker

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2022, 03:31:58 am »
Oh, I forgot... I did get something out of the horses. I found a fiver in my Tote account which I invested on the Leopardstown placepot on the 28th, all on one (winning) line giving me a current balance of €65.xx. Did you know tote.ie - or tote.co.uk if you prefer since the nanny was sold (or leased?) to the brits - pay a 10% bonus on dividends, toteplus they call it... so don't do your tote bets anywhere else! Anywaysanall, that was the pub race day which was a roaring success, craic agus ceol galore. I hope he does it every year!
So what was the final outcome ?
You lodged a Ton and withdrew it and then blew all your winnings on NYE thinking that you had Two pairs of Balls ??

I have instructed here many times the Three main rules of Gambling;
DISCIPLINE !
DISCIPLINE !
AND DISCIPLINE !
no way would you have lumped on those fav's on NYE if'n you had been playing fer your own hard earned.

Offline Belker

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2022, 03:49:36 am »

Ah, don't be pulling our leg Jack by doing the 'Snow White' bit, you have often posted of your own FN work.

When did the 2Euro per job suddenly go down to 50 cent ??

FN also have many Irish employee's, in fact fer the very few meeting I have had with them over the years I have never seen a non-Irish employee.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2022, 04:32:07 pm »
Read with your eyes, Ken. I took out €400 profit and left another €233.24 profit in. The grand I blew lumping on to short priced nags was a grand I made lumping on to short priced nags i.e. I would never had owned it if I had adopted any kind of structured approach. Obviously, structure is a prerequisite to discipline.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2022, 07:24:16 am »

Ah, don't be pulling our leg Jack by doing the 'Snow White' bit, you have often posted of your own FN work.

When did the 2Euro per job suddenly go down to 50 cent ??

FN also have many Irish employee's, in fact fer the very few meeting I have had with them over the years I have never seen a non-Irish employee.

I’m not on about foreign workers.
Your picking this up wrong Ken.
A tenner job with FN would cost you 1.50 in commission.
If you done a tenner job with let’s say Satellite it would cost you 2.00 bucks.
As I said I wouldn’t mind paying the extra 50 cent supporting a local taxi company

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2022, 02:06:51 pm »
Very admirable Jack.....and I'm being sincere..for once,but if you're only getting the crumbs from the table while some other fuk is getting the cream that extra 50c might not be wisely spent!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2022, 09:32:59 am »
Read with your eyes, Ken. I took out €400 profit and left another €233.24 profit in. The grand I blew lumping on to short priced nags was a grand I made lumping on to short priced nags i.e. I would never had owned it if I had adopted any kind of structured approach. Obviously, structure is a prerequisite to discipline.
So, you made a Double Trummer on the darts and had the best part of 3 weeks entertainment from it all ?
That's good going !!   
::cheers

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2022, 09:58:46 am »
Very admirable Jack.....and I'm being sincere..for once,but if you're only getting the crumbs from the table while some other fuk is getting the cream that extra 50c might not be wisely spent!!

Most companies that are computerised the back door work or feeding is fairly minimal.
No doubt it can go on.
All phone calls are recorded and go through the computer.
Can’t see why a base operator would risk loosing his job feeding his buddy.
It’s a well paid job now for an operator and not on minimum wage

Offline Belker

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2022, 10:33:50 am »

Most companies that are computerised the back door work or feeding is fairly minimal.
No doubt it can go on.
Sorry Jack, but that is a very nieve view of how feeding actually works.
Most decent feeding jobs come from the hotel receptionist to a private driver fer dropsie and never see the base.

Offline Belker

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2022, 10:36:13 am »
Ken back on the PUP......well I never!!
5 days I lasted before signing off it !   C:-)

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2022, 05:17:45 am »

No doubt it can go on.
Sorry Jack, but that is a very nieve view of how feeding actually works.
Most decent feeding jobs come from the hotel receptionist to a private driver fer dropsie and never see the base.

That’s not feeding

Show Unread Posts