Author Topic: No Signal = No Fare  (Read 919 times)

Offline watty

Re: No Signal = No Fare
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2022, 11:59:31 am »
@ JohnM - thanks. Will look into them.

Re sumup: turns out I had to reset the Bluetooth on the card terminal. Don't know how I turned it off in the first place.  Turn card terminal off, long press power button for approx 15 sec until you see 'BT on'. Then pair phone and card terminal and hopefully everything's working again.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2022, 12:54:24 pm »
Hopefully won't be an issue with whatever new hardware NTA may specify to comply with regulations requiring mandatory acceptance of card payments due for implementation in September.

Online John m

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2022, 01:24:31 pm »
Hopefully won't be an issue with whatever new hardware NTA may specify to comply with regulations requiring mandatory acceptance of card payments due for implementation in September.

Your passing the winning post there Rodent before the race is off .We do not know the Wording of the new legislation .It may only require us to have facilities on board .Just because you have a TV Licence dosent mean you have to watch .We carry first aid kits and Fire Extinguishers but are not legislated to use same .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2022, 01:36:12 pm »
Either way it'd be a shame to spend money on equipment that might not comply with the new regulations. NTA has yet to publish the relevant technical documemts so we've no idea what they'll make us buy, if anything.

Furthermore, I respectfully suggest you re-read the relevant (draft) SI signed by Fred on June 17, erm.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Small-Public-Service-Vehicle-Cashless-Payment-Facility-Regulations-2022_Signed.pdf

Cashless Payment

4. For any journey, the driver of a taxi shall:
(a) ensure they are in possession of a functioning cashless payment device; and
(b) accept cashless payment as a method of payment of any fare.

Online John m

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2022, 01:40:29 pm »
Either way it'd be a shame to spend money on equipment that might not comply with the new regulations. NTA has yet to publish the relevant technical documemts so we've no idea what they'll make us buy, if anything.

Furthermore, I respectfully suggest you re-read the relevant (draft) SI signed by Fred on June 17, erm.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Small-Public-Service-Vehicle-Cashless-Payment-Facility-Regulations-2022_Signed.pdf

Cashless Payment

4. For any journey, the driver of a taxi shall:
(a) ensure they are in possession of a functioning cashless payment device; and
(b) accept cashless payment as a method of payment of any fare.

Great I will accept the payment to fulfill my part of the contract if the internet is down you fail in your part of the contract to initiate the payment .Whats the problem ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2022, 01:41:10 pm »
The SI places no onus on the client. Again I respectfully suggest you re-read the same.

Online John m

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2022, 01:43:08 pm »
The SI places no onus on the client. Again I respectfully suggest you re-read the same.

If the Client cannot initiate the payment then I would like you to explain the legal definition of Accept .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2022, 01:45:20 pm »
Furthermore, erm... I'm somewhat intrigued as to why you are assuming whatever devices are approved by NTA will depend on Internet. Aer Lingus can take card payments way up above the clouds with no internet access.

Why didn't you think of Leap cards when you were lobbying for cashless payments. An excellent idea put forward on another thread by our own Watty. Shame your gob was a dozen paces ahead of your brain...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2022, 01:46:24 pm »

If the Client cannot initiate the payment then I would like you to explain the legal definition of Accept .

You obviously jumped in without reading the SI. Stop embarrasing yourself and take time out to read it.

Online John m

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2022, 01:48:21 pm »

You obviously jumped in without reading the SI. Stop embarrasing yourself.

Strange definition of Accept or are you going to tell us the Legal definition of Accept .How can you accept that which has not been uttered ?Melord .

Online John m

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2022, 01:52:18 pm »
You are after fueling up on Porter and hitting a double 1 in the darts in the pub to win your game against blind Joe and to celebrate on the way home you go into mr Woos for 36 Chicken Balls two singles a can of coke and a Curry Chips and Rice for the Princess .You use your card to try and pay and it dosent work .Will Mr Woo have to feed you or will the Princess be on bread and Jam with her mug of hot Tea .Are you entitled to take the nosh if the card dont work .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2022, 01:53:35 pm »
Once the card (or phone or watch, etc) is produced it is uttered and the driver must accept it under threat of a €200 FPN.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2022, 01:55:44 pm »
You are after fueling up on Porter and hitting a double 1 in the darts in the pub to win your game against blind Joe and to celebrate on the way home you go into mr Woos for 36 Chicken Balls two singles a can of coke and a Curry Chips and Rice for the Princess .You use your card to try and pay and it dosent work .Will Mr Woo have to feed you or will the Princess be on bread and Jam with her mug of hot Tea .Are you entitled to take the nosh if the card dont work .

No cash no food... Mr. Wu is not obliged to accept any form of payment other than legal tender. From September, taxi drivers will be the only businesses in the Free State not entitled to insist on legal tender... thanks to your lobbying. Again, why didn't you think of Leap cards? Next time you have a brainwave do us all a favour and run it by Watty first.

Offline watty

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2022, 05:55:53 pm »
I never mentioned Leap cards as a taxi payment solution.

I think it is just another cheeky ploy by the NTA. Offering the carrot of 12% increase ,finally and then changing the statutary law on accectable payment for Taxi fares…The NTA,just walk all over Taximen.   Hey! faceless NTA. Try doing that to Dublin Bus  ::fuck ::fuck ::fuck

Leap card?

Fucking right Coola your Fucking Right the Fuckers are fucking fucking with Fucking Taxidrivers they always fucking Fuck with us the Fuckers ..How long have you been accepting fucking card payments from Fucking Hailo or My Taxi or Fucking Free Now .

Anyways, with the Leap card, you pay upfront when you get on the bus.  So the machine checks that you have enough money before you get on the bus.  You pay at the end of the journey in a taxi and it's very difficult to predict the final price.  So hard to check if the Leap card has enough funds on it until it's potentially too late.

Online John m

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2022, 11:13:08 pm »
Some lads just need enough rope to hang themselves .They really should look before they Leap .

Show Unread Posts