Author Topic: Father's day in Dublin  (Read 314 times)

Offline silverbullet

Father's day in Dublin
« on: June 20, 2022, 03:06:24 pm »
Going on over 25 years of experience I knew there was no point in working Ballymun or Darndale.

I got a job from The Killer pub to Portmarnock, then as it turn out there was no late trains.

Then Portmarnock to Swords.

Swords to Donabate.

Donabate to Rush.

Swords to Oldtown X 3

I was grateful for all the long runs in the absence of trains, but people need to know why there's a shortage at certain times, in that Dublin is an urban sprawl, combined with unionised transport services stopping at midnight, it's a recipe for disaster.

p.s I thought was funny on the Free Now App' how many punters E-hailing a can FROM the concert venue in the centre of Malahide castle. I mean we'd ruin the lawn getting to Fionn and Orflaith going to Kinsealy!! 8)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: Father's day in Dublin
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 04:25:29 pm »
i did sumtin i've been threaten to do for yonks last saturday.
droppin the anchor in a remote kip where ye know there's no taxis.
got a run to lusk and then got called to a gaff down a boreen near the beach in rush.
three engelbert humperdincks goin up to skerries. i'm delighted i remembered my training and how i learned to breath through my mouth. sprayed the old l'occitane aftershave on my hand and held it up to my chevy chase to help. got them out along the seafront. nearly fuckin gagged. dropped the anchor in skerries then. never stopped for hours on end. fuckin fella in a taxi van given me daggers. billy big bollocks. gawked back at his heap and gave it the it's my patch now ye aulwan look.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 10:19:22 pm »
got a run to lusk and then got called to a gaff down a boreen near the beach in rush.
three engelbert humperdincks goin up to skerries. i'm delighted i remembered my training and how i learned to breath through my mouth. sprayed the old l'occitane aftershave on my hand and held it up to my chevy chase to help. got them out along the seafront. nearly fuckin gagged. dropped the anchor in skerries then. never stopped for hours on end. fuckin fella in a taxi van given me daggers. billy big bollocks. gawked back at his heap and gave it the it's my patch now ye aulwan look.
Probably that gobshite from Bracken Cabs in the Brig'

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 12:22:35 pm »
Long walk from the train to Oldtown, to be fair!

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 02:24:52 pm »
I picked up the same 3 down that boreen a few Saturdays ago, you would wonder what they were doing down there at that hour. They smell like they spent their life in a kitchen, when I dropped them off in Skerries I let down all 4 windows to let the Peggy Dell out, nice spot they live in all I could hear was the sound of crashing waves. Straight into a run of work all around Skerries and Balbriggan after that. Was a great night, might do it again sometime.

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

Show Unread Posts