Author Topic: Rentier speaks out  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Horse

Re: Rentier speaks out
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 08:59:44 pm »
OK, how about drivers then? I think hal hit the nail on the head when he mentioned employee's.  If the called us drivers then they would be saying our drivers this and our drivers that. But if we were "their" drivers we would effectively be employee's. As employee's we would be entitled to sick pay, holiday pay and probably a few other things. Users seems more appropriate than partners.  I for one am not a partner. Are you?

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 09:21:13 pm »
He hit the spot there so he did
Very well put ebbs

Ye very well put ebbs when you have drivers robbing the public ,dame street to cabra for €50 taking advantage of someone who has had a few pints to many , imagine how much worse things could get . Then coming onto a public forum and bragging about robbing them .

Is 42 really a taxi driver? I doubt it. he is just there to make taxi drivers look bad from what I can see from his posts.

I'm a driver over 15 yr

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 09:22:09 pm »
Very well put ebbs

Ye very well put ebbs when you have drivers robbing the public ,dame street to cabra for €50 taking advantage of someone who has had a few pints to many , imagine how much worse things could get . Then coming onto a public forum and bragging about robbing them .

Didn't Rob he gave me it full of drink and coke

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2022, 12:02:41 am »
Very well put ebbs

Is 42 really a taxi driver? I doubt it. he is just there to make taxi drivers look bad from what I can see from his posts.

I'm a driver over 15 yr

I'd f**king hope you're over 15 years.

As for Ebbs, he's simply virtue signalling for foreign drivers to come here and pay rent to him. I hope gets a few battle-hardened Ukrainians or Russian defectors...he'd give the job of dressing down his new drivers to Ray.

8)

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2022, 01:38:34 am »
Ebbs has right idea
No uber share just lots more taxi drivers to fix shortage

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2022, 10:06:11 am »
Rideshare means no Ebbs renting out 100+ plates and cars.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2022, 12:11:19 pm »

Least they taxi drivers on same rate as us

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2022, 12:22:15 pm »
I think the Uber floodgates or similar are starting to creak! We are back to, not enough Taxis at 3.AM on Sun…Saturday,syndrome?….What Leo wants  Leo gets Joe public is not happy
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2022, 12:31:50 pm »
Leo isn't stupid. Uber aren't needed. wont happen. There will be plenty of taxis available to get him to a kylie minogue gig in 2023.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2022, 07:55:40 pm »
Leo isn't stupid. Uber aren't needed. wont happen. There will be plenty of taxis available to get him to a kylie minogue gig in 2023.

Dail questions today he was quizzed
Didn't back down

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 08:46:41 pm »
the elephant in the room. it was leo shut the country down and held our punters hostage for two years that has hobbled the taxi industry. drivers left because there was no work to do because leo shut down the country. maybe leo should be offering reassurances which would encourage more drivers to come back and not threatenin to destroy the taxi game for good this time.

Offline watty

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 08:47:08 pm »
Politics 101: if they're asking him about rideshare, they're not asking him about the imploding economy or the Garda investigation into him!

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2022, 09:59:06 pm »
I wonder why some drivers quit because of covid? its not that bad really, chances of a vaccinated person dying from it are slim to none.
The media scaremongering has a lot to answer for, I reckon some people wear the masks when they are having a shower.

Online Belker

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2022, 01:03:14 am »
Silly degrading post 1990, posts like that make us all look stoopid.

Online Belker

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2022, 01:31:02 am »
So what if Ebbs rents out plates/cars/employment ?
WTF has it got to do with you MFH ?

I really don't understand the total hatred drivers have of Taxi renters, maybe just an easy target to pick on.
I rented fer 16 months when I first started out and when I got a few quid together my Taxi renter went way over the top to help me get my vehicle on the road, and I mean really way over the top, driving me to suitability and getting all my safety gear fer me because back then I hadn't a clue.

Vinny Kearns I spoke to just after Covid broke 2 years back and he told me of the deal he offered his younger drivers (whilst encouraging his elder drivers off the road), I don't remember all the details, but it was something like insurance suspended, pay no base fee if not working and claiming PUP, or stay at it and pay a grossly reduced weekly base fee or something along those lines, but it was a most fair offer to all his drivers.
I'm not too sure how he did financially out of Covid but I'm guessing he didn't do too well.

Show Unread Posts