Author Topic: Getting hot again.  (Read 378 times)

Offline Belker

Getting hot again.
« on: June 22, 2022, 07:47:56 pm »
Chillmax air. (45 notes in Tesco's).

As fer set-up, it was probably the easiest electrical device that I ever set-up,

Plug it in, wet the filter, pour in cold water and turn on, that's it !
As fer the noise level, it is only a fraction (20%) of the noise level that an oscillating fan makes.
It's by night (or sleep time) that it is absolutely fantastic, by night I put it on a chair at the end/side of the bed and it mildly blows cool (not dry) air over me on the medium (2) setting, as fer the noise level, you would want to be listening to hear it.

As fer it dripping water, the only water drips were from me clumbsily filling the water tray.
As fer the ice in the water tray, I tried that, didn't make much difference, but seemingly it is important to use cold refridgearated water. A half liter of water wil keep it going fer about 8 hours.

Fer 45 notes in Tesco's, I would highly recommend it.

Offline Tarmac

Re: Getting hot again.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 07:59:08 pm »
Just open your car window, thought you lived in it.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 08:14:40 pm »
i fuckin hate hot stuffy weather.
i can't enjoy my cuppa teas properly.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 09:31:40 pm »
i fuckin hate hot stuffy weather.
i can't enjoy my cuppa teas properly.
Hot tea and hot weather go hand in hand.

nternational Hot Tea in Warm Weather Traditions
For many cultures around the world, this is hardly a new development. In many Asian countries and some in the Middle East, drinking a hot tea throughout the Summer months is quite common. Unsurprisingly, the countries where drinking hot drinks in Summer are ubiquitous like India, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates have some of the most arid climates in the world. In arid climates there is a large excess of evaporation over precipitation, making these places very hot and dry. In other words, the ideal conditions for a hot tea to cool you down. As the research alluded to, a hot drink will only reduce body temperature in certain cases where sweat can be fully evaporated, and these countries experience very dry heat as opposed to the type of humidity you’d expect in a tropical region so they’re able to enjoy the benefits more fully. So, while there are great benefits to drinking a hot tea in the Summer, not all places can reap them. Even if you do reside in a typically arid climate, you probably won’t get much benefit out of a hot tea on humid days, days when you’re wearing a lot of clothing, or if you’re sweating so much it’s dripping off and not evaporating from your skin’s surface.

Try This Tea Trend Today!
It may seem counterintuitive to drink a hot tea on an already hot Summer day, but if the climate is right, that hot tea can actually cool you down much better than a cold or iced drink. In a way, drinking a hot tea in the Summer will also help you maintain the right body temperature. There are a variety of teas that make for great hot drinks, and you can find a large selection of them in Revolution Tea’s premium tea shop. From black tea to herbal tea and organic tea to caffeine-free tea, we have it all! Shop our selection today and find the perfect blend to help you cool off this Summer!

My Da served in the military in Port Said in Egypt, loved tea.

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 02:18:51 am »
I luv the cup of Cha….Have at least 20 of them every day,
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 10:25:47 am »
I luv the cup of Cha….Have at least 20 of them every day,
+1

Eight years ago my wife was laughing at me for bringing a box of Aldi tea bags to Kerala in India, even though the area is famous for its tea plantations and hill stations. 8)

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 11:28:10 am »
Ha ha  Bit like bringing sand to Marocco?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 12:27:19 pm »
Ha ha  Bit like bringing sand to Marocco?

We stayed here:http://www.baycliff.in/ it was an Air B&B so we weren't sure what would be there, boy was I glad of a mug of Chai on the lawn.

Show Unread Posts