Author Topic: Charge ........  (Read 831 times)

Offline John m

Re: Charge ........
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2022, 02:17:25 pm »
Is Climate Change the same as Global warming ?What ever happened to Acid Rain .Its a Natural Phenomenon the Jet Stream Moves all the time .Big Dommos Great Great ancestor .Worked for Pharo Block Masons in Egypt hung around the Flats with Cleo and Sharon from the Gaffs near the Flats .Anyway one day he was walking his Jackal and bumped into Phinney the Elder who was complaining about the weather .He said if this Jet stream keeps moving the lands will turn to desert and the Egyptian Civilization will Fall .Sothern Europe is becoming uninhabitable for the same reason the Jet Stream is moving .Its a Natural Phenomenon not Man Made .Man is just cashing in selling Snake Oil .Stand outside in your Garden feel the heat radiating back into space from your driveway now multiply that by billions of miles or Roads Paths Roofs all reflecting heat back into space .The earth is covered in concrete cannot absorb the heat naturally causes huge radiation .Look at the amount of the earth covered in concrete and the increase in earths temperature and see if they match up .
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 02:31:44 pm by John m »
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 02:44:57 pm »
@ Watty I was thinking of you when I remarked about the loss of Productivity .How many hours a week do you spend recharging .If you put a value on that time does Electricity work out any cheaper than Dirty Diesel ?
I do a mix of home (3 pin) and external charging at the moment. So about 70 mins a week at an external charger. How long do you spend waiting on the Heuston rank?

IMHO, it's impossible to price this time since we spend a huge amount of our day waiting for a fare. Just ask the keshies how much time they spend driving!

I don't do it myself but some leave the apps on so if they get a job they just unplug and away they go...

BTW the average person would probably charge once a week, at home, while they're sleeping.
Assuming the average driver does eight hours a day, or four hours a night, surely a type one or type two home charger would be sufficient?

Everyone ignores the amount of time the taxi is idle in the garden or outside the flat. A cosy could be the answer.

Offline watty

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 05:44:40 pm »
If we assume most EVs have a 60kwH battery, then the house wall charger will pump out 6-7kW/hr and the 3 pin plug will do 2-3kW/hr.  I need (very approx) 24kWh for my shift so you can do the maths from that.

The downside of the 3 pin method (granny charger) is that you're pumping ~12 Amps through the plug for hours at a time.  If your plug (&/or extension cable) is not up to it, it could melt the socket, the plug, the cable and I guess set the house on fire!  Having said that, plenty of people are happy to do that.  I only do it while I'm awake otherwise I think I'd probably be able to 3pin home charge all the time (3kWh x 8 hrs = 24kWh).  Realistically though, I don't think your average house wiring/sockets are designed for that sort of continuous ampage.  Hence, my split between home charging and external charging.

Offline watty

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 05:49:15 pm »
Is Climate Change the same as Global warming ?
Yes.

Global Warning was the first catchphrase but too many people, myself included, thought "bring it on, we all want hot summers!"  So they changed it to Climate Change to better reinforce what's we're doing to the planet.

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2022, 12:18:40 pm »
Wont be any change….left soon!    As Carl Sagan said about Climate Change….The reason that steps are not taken to modify the changes are because, we say…why should we have to pay for something that may happen in the future. ::cheers
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline C5

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 12:29:20 pm »
@john m, JCB have hydrogen combustion engines in development now to go on sale in around 2030 for all their heavy equipment. They said making the equipment electric in any form even hydrogen electric would push the price from around 350,000 to over 700,000 pounds for an excavator. Plus it saves outside jobs in the manufacturer of internal combustion engine parts for the factory and mechanics as well, as all parts and materials are got in the UK and Europe. Plus the engine's can be retrofitted to diesel powered machines in the future if needed.

Offline cruiser

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2022, 12:34:38 am »
Bring back breast feeding the shovel gangs

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2022, 11:17:27 am »
Im a bit slow on that one??
 Give us a clue
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Show Unread Posts