Author Topic: MINDING YOURSELF  (Read 576 times)

Offline John m

MINDING YOURSELF
« on: July 31, 2022, 02:24:30 pm »
Did a fitness test during the week with our kids mate .She had access to loads of yokes .Top score is 100 thats an Olympic athlete for my age I should score about 65 add in my weight I should be down below 50 .I scored 18 .I was shocked she wasn't she says Transport Providers and Office workers score low .She asked me when was the last time I walked two miles .I had to think probably 5 years ago on Holiday .Its surprising the amount of workers who go from bed to car to office to car to sofa to bed .Sometimes you dont think of it .It just becomes normal .Might be worth thinking about our health .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Punter

Re: MINDING YOURSELF
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 06:12:44 pm »
At 67 and 122kgs I can barely put on my socks--right foot fine but left dodgy ,obviously result of 30 years driving an automatic--try and walk at least 3k a day plus another 3 to and from pub--definitely could be described as a WALKING DISASTER ! Try and visit local pool 3 days a week  --

Have a dodgy heart totally out of synch with tabs to sedate---stopped smoking 30 a day 20 years ago( after taking 3 hours to change a tyre) Quack says I am better off without fags--blood pressure 120/80 and cholesterol below 5 ---so the body seems fine but mind fucked -work 4/5 a day to keep occupied and keep away from pub !

So any of you lucky enough to have a "squeeze"give them a cuddle and rejoice !

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 07:49:46 pm »
This place is full of bleedin pensioners!!

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 08:18:46 pm »
Fell off me roller blades again last week .....

I tink its all genetic anyway ....remember poor owl dalymount
Who walked 10 miles everyday for yers an had to have the bypass .....
Eatin shite will terminate ya sooner  tho  ide imagine....

Online Horse

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 09:31:51 pm »

rofl you're as bad as Biden on his bike.

Offline Mytaxi007

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 10:14:55 pm »
John download a pedometer on your fone
Try do minimum 10k steps a day if you can.
A lot of people try do a minimum 20k steps a day but I reakon 10 is a good start..have it on in the background all day and see wat it's at at end of the day

Also a good stroll...ya feel great after it..clears the head

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 10:20:07 pm »

rofl you're as bad as Biden on his bike.

https://www.thejournal.ie/using-phone-in-bed-eyesight-vision-sleep-1759887-Nov2014/

I've bean thinkin Horse bout the fact that wer all guinea pigs wen it comes to phone use ....it will only be our generation that'll display the impact of phone use on our vision in our later yers ....particularly night vision for night drivers ...... oops

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field

Online Horse

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 10:30:17 pm »
I used to have great eyesight.  Then I worked in an office for the best part of 10 years in front of a computer screen.  My eyesight went downhill from there. I need glasses now to read my phone or a book. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse though. Why, did you crash into something on your roller skates?

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2022, 11:26:19 pm »
I used to have great eyesight.  Then I worked in an office for the best part of 10 years in front of a computer screen.  My eyesight went downhill from there. I need glasses now to read my phone or a book. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse though. Why, did you crash into something on your roller skates?

Naa ...I've perfect eyesight durin the day .....but last nite I went out in the dark for the first time in probably 3 yers ...an to buy more crypto.....an it was raining an I didn't feel  the same as I used ta

Online Horse

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 12:37:52 am »
I can't drive at night for very long anymore.  The glare off the headlights is too much. Ever since my pandemic break for nearly 2 years I simply cannot go back to nights. Fook that.

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 11:46:03 am »
Yeah! that effin glare from night traffic and I nearly creased a guy in all black who just stepped off the pavement….You can now get a Magoo  front windscreen fitted at Glass Fix that has +2 vision and anti glare. Its expensive but you can get a 50% grant ifin you are over 65…You also get a discount on your insurance..

MIND YOURSELF
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 12:11:08 am »
I was feeling sorry for myself for being so  fat& unfit......  now I feel much better   Thanks  lol
Six legs good, four legs bad!

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 11:00:45 am »
There is always someone on here,who can moan much better than you?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Belker

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 09:21:57 pm »
I was feeling sorry for myself for being so  fat& unfit......  now I feel much better   Thanks  lol
+ 1

Show Unread Posts