Author Topic: card acceptance  (Read 1430 times)

Offline vandriver

Re: card acceptance
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2022, 02:01:19 pm »
I had 2 jobs to Powerscourt waterfall yesterday.No signal whatsoever ,so I got cash upfront for both.

Offline Horse

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2022, 06:47:44 pm »
Is it certain networks that could have blindspots? Like meteror works here but o2 doesn't? If so and the pax reassure you that there will be a signal but then there isn't, couldn't they hotspot their connection to your phone if theirs works but yours doesn't? There's no way in hell I'd drive off unpaid because of no Internet connection.   Where's there's a will and all that.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #47 on: Today at 11:20:34 am »
I got an interim response from NTA, as follows:

Case Reference: CA129715

Dear Mr O'Connell

Thank you for contacting the NTA (National Transport Authority). We refer to your recent correspondence received on 22nd July 2022.

We will examine the information provided and will contact you regarding the outcome in due course.

If you have any further questions please contact our Information Line on 0818 064 000.

Yours Sincerely

National Transport Authority

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #48 on: Today at 11:23:50 am »
As it happenss, I have many questions... including the deposit issue touched on by Watty and if one needs a DO licence and/or a seat on TAC to apply "technology" fees and what might reasonably constitute use of or access to "technology"...

However, I'll wait for a substantive response to the first question first.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #49 on: Today at 05:39:41 pm »
As it happenss, I have many questions... including the deposit issue touched on by Watty and if one needs a DO licence and/or a seat on TAC to apply "technology" fees and what might reasonably constitute use of or access to "technology"...

However, I'll wait for a substantive response to the first question first.
My breath , and typing finger are already bated for the follow up.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline watty

« Reply #50 on: Today at 06:59:31 pm »

With reference to Guidelines for the Acceptance of Cashless Payments in Taxis (June 2022) and S.I. No. 294 of 2022 I would be obliged if you could clarify the following:

Should technological failures prevent the on-demand processing of a card presented for payment of a fare and the passenger, perhaps unusually, declines any discussion of an amicable solution (as suggested within Guidelines for the Acceptance of Cashless Payments in Taxis, June 2022) and, in doing so, advises the driver that he (the driver) is legally obliged to accept the card payment (Part 1, Section 4, Subsection(b), S.I. No, 294 of 2022) and that he (the driver) is legally barred from recording any personal details (including but not limited to name, address, (digital) imagery, etc) relevant to said client (Part 1, Section 5, S.I. No, 294 of 2022), does the driver retain any legal entitlement to be paid and, if so, how can such a debt be enforced. In particular, would a driver presented with such a scenario be within his rights to summon An Garda Siochana and forcibly detain the client pending the arrival of a member of said force?

Regards,

Stephen O'Connell

You might not be able to take their name and address while processing the card because the only data you need at that point is on the card.  But if it fails, you'd be taking the name and address for a different reason and that would probably be legal?

Can't see them answering that bolded question.  Or if they do, it'll be to trust our dedicated hardworking Gardai to sort things out.  They're the only crowd legally allowed to use violence in this Republic.  So much for equality  >:(

Show Unread Posts