Author Topic: First Taxi Fare  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Ollie Eyebrow

• Valued Contributor
Re: First Taxi Fare
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2022, 10:04:27 pm »

The rich autumn leaves no longer crunched underfoot but accumulated in accepting layers like penurious dark soggy pancakes.

Ollie had since moved up a rung in the absorbing trick-trap race, clutching tight to the base of the slippery ladder. Having restored the charming Caxi Tab rental back to an exhausted and fiery Old Hob, Ollie was delighted to be driving his own fully city council licensed, metallic purple, badass-bucket-of-bolts taxi.

He pulled a slow unhurried left off the deadly, warm welcoming Burlington four on one roundabout after dropping off Sinbad, a sweet talkin' six-foot sailor from Singapore, his second cousin Finbar, a fairly well fed, not-so-friendly farmer from Fermoy, his new partner Lucia, a long-legged, land-loving lecturer from Limerick with rings on her generous taxi-tipping fingers and ting-a-ling tea bells on her twinkle-cut toes and Kevin, a calm and collected clerical officer from just outside Kinnegad and Tobago.

Offline John m

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2022, 10:15:11 pm »
Would you ever fuck off .My first post on her exposed you as a talentless Fucktard .You lack any literary talent .We are not interested in your drivel Fuck off .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2022, 09:21:59 am »
Would you ever fuck off .My first post on her exposed you as a talentless Fucktard .You lack any literary talent .We are not interested in your drivel Fuck off .

I don't know Johnny.....his openin paragraph is poetry....

"The rich autumn leaves no longer crunched underfoot but accumulated in accepting layers like penurious dark soggy pancakes"

Marvellous

I do hope it's not plagiarised from henminway or Oscar wilde .....but it's masterful use of the inglish language.....
As regards drivel?
Wer all guilty of that .....giv the poor bloke a chance ....
Even Shakespeare had to start somewhere...an that hamlet ting I did in me inter cert bored the bollix off me ...except for the owlfellas  ghost ...

Offline Horse

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2022, 09:56:24 am »
I agree, give him or her or they or it a chance.

Offline John m

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2022, 10:57:31 am »
"The rich autumn leaves no longer crunched underfoot but accumulated in accepting layers like penurious dark soggy pancakes"

Read the book it plagiarized from .THE HOUSE WITH THE GREEN SHUTTERS
BY
GEORGE DOUGLAS

Olly is a talentless waster .Done two creative writing classes then thought he was the new Hemmingway .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2022, 12:20:41 pm »
Ah jaysus  :'(

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2022, 01:22:37 pm »
Clearly John and Ollie don't see eyebrow to eyebrow.....probably is Ermy....fightin with himself publicly instead of privately in his own head...in a boxroom....in Clondalkin....probably on the advice of his psychiatrist!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2022, 07:57:37 pm »
Clearly John and Ollie don't see eyebrow to eyebrow.....probably is Ermy....fightin with himself publicly instead of privately in his own head...in a boxroom....in Clondalkin....probably on the advice of his psychiatrist!!
I'll give the blind guy one thing, he can punctuate. There must be a Braille Grammarly.

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2022, 08:01:33 pm »
As long as he doesn't start plagiarising the fine work of Dame Sally Markham...that would be utterly disgusting!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2022, 09:39:27 am »
I agree, give him or her or they or it a chance.
I'm gonna agree with Horse.

But, the amount of adjectives used sometimes outweigh the story to the extent that taking away the adjectives would leave very little of actual story, but we should give the author the freedom to express themselves.

Offline Belker

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2022, 09:45:20 am »
"Every gun makes it's own tune" !

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2022, 11:26:52 am »

SO OLLIE GOT THE ELBOW?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Belker

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2022, 07:04:59 am »

SO OLLIE GOT THE ELBOW?
Naw ! He's not gone anywhere, just biding his time.

Offline John m

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2022, 07:07:03 am »

SO OLLIE GOT THE ELBOW?
Naw ! He's not gone anywhere, just biding his time.

Think the Last time he was here he use to go missing at Weekends ?

Show Unread Posts