Author Topic: Whats the stoty bout this new 10 year rule  (Read 7324 times)

Offline mkahawani

Whats the stoty bout this new 10 year rule
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2022, 12:05:55 am »
What they never realise is changing vehicles is a massive pain in the rocks. Between meter installation and calibration and stickers and suitability plus NCT. Nobody in their right mind would change vehicles early if their current heap is running alright.

Every year I don't upgrade I'm saving €3250. Why would any of us pass that opportunity up?
Wheres this 3250 you are saving if you dont upgrade . Mfh, you’ve been telling everyone here for the past year to literally wait the last minute. You were very optimistic that nta would do something last minute. Youve not been following your own advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 12:08:43 am by mkahawani »

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Whats the stoty bout this new 10 year rule
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2022, 12:24:53 am »
"Wheres this 3250 you are saving if you dont upgrade . Mfh, you’ve been telling everyone here for the past year to literally wait the last minute. You were very optimistic that nta would do something last minute. Youve not been following your own advice"

New Corrola I wanted costs €33500.Most likely will last ten years.33500÷10=3350 per year.

I have done what I said.All I did was put a deposit on a car that was not gonna be ready until next year.That purchase is now cancelled. All I had at risk was €500 and now I'm getting it back.

If you wanna guarantee a vehicle you need to get on a waiting list.If yer waiting until New years eve for the NTA to make a decision you will be disappointed.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 12:37:10 am by mercenary for hire »

« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2022, 12:28:10 am »
Bubba Ho-Tep:

--- Quote from: mercenary for hire on September 22, 2022, 08:55:46 pm ---I can't do my suitability without being sealed AFAIK. If yer doing a change of vehicle the appointment date will suffice. We will both just keep pushing it out until we get more clarity.

--- End quote ---
Appointment will cover sgs

Thanks for that info Bubba.The August 2022 newsletter says meters need to be verified for suitability.That's where I got confused.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2022, 02:59:51 pm »
Bubba Ho-Tep:

--- Quote from: mercenary for hire on September 22, 2022, 08:55:46 pm ---I can't do my suitability without being sealed AFAIK. If yer doing a change of vehicle the appointment date will suffice. We will both just keep pushing it out until we get more clarity.

--- End quote ---
Appointment will cover sgs

Thanks for that info Bubba.The August 2022 newsletter says meters need to be verified for suitability.That's where I got confused.
Too many cars to seal  so some will have sgs before available sealing dates

Offline Belker

« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2022, 09:12:54 am »
What they never realise is changing vehicles is a massive pain in the rocks. Between meter installation and calibration and stickers and suitability plus NCT. Nobody in their right mind would change vehicles early if their current heap is running alright.

Every year I don't upgrade I'm saving €3250. Why would any of us pass that opportunity up?
Wheres this 3250 you are saving if you dont upgrade . Mfh, you’ve been telling everyone here for the past year to literally wait the last minute. You were very optimistic that nta would do something last minute. Youve not been following your own advice
I would not agree MK, and believe me I am No MFH fan !

He sold his own story about the Corolla upgrade which was very believeable,
and to be fair he did wait it out till the very last before the NTA (not yet confirmed) news update,
which again to be fair came very late in the day.
Anyway's it would seem that both of ye will get your extensions fer another few years, so Happy days !   ::cheers

Offline Belker

« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2022, 09:15:58 am »
When can we start the MFH 'Oldest Swinger in Town' topic ?   lol

« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2022, 02:20:09 pm »
Keep thinking about this for some reason...
https://youtu.be/7PJPJy00514

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2022, 04:11:36 pm »
The original and best Willy Wonka.

Show Unread Posts