Author Topic: POS options  (Read 618 times)

Offline silverbullet

POS options
« on: September 27, 2022, 04:24:29 pm »
A cabbie suggested this last night: https://www.mypos.com/ Any ideas? it sounds a bit better than Sumup which pays the following week.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: POS options
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 04:28:25 pm »
Sumup usually takes a couple of days but that's all changing - unless you opt out as I did.

Recent email from Sumup:

Hi Stephen,

At SumUp, we’re always looking for new ways to help businesses like yours thrive.

That’s why we’re now giving you faster access than ever to your sales in a new SumUp Business Account—a free Irish payment account for all things business.

Make a sale, and you’ll have your money within the hour—24 hours a day, seven days a week, even on bank holidays. You can then shop with your SumUp Mastercard or withdraw cash.

You’ll also be able to shop with your SumUp Mastercard, withdraw cash, and transfer money for free in Ireland and the SEPA region.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 04:35:04 pm »
Sumup usually takes a couple of days but that's all changing - unless you opt out as I did.

Recent email from Sumup:

Hi Stephen,

At SumUp, we’re always looking for new ways to help businesses like yours thrive.

That’s why we’re now giving you faster access than ever to your sales in a new SumUp Business Account—a free Irish payment account for all things business.

Make a sale, and you’ll have your money within the hour—24 hours a day, seven days a week, even on bank holidays. You can then shop with your SumUp Mastercard or withdraw cash.

You’ll also be able to shop with your SumUp Mastercard, withdraw cash, and transfer money for free in Ireland and the SEPA region.
Why did you opt out, are you with a new provider?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 04:37:05 pm »
No. I'm OK waiting for a few days. I don't do much card work or much work at all, to be honest... and I don't need another Mastercard.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 04:43:43 pm »
No. I'm OK waiting for a few days. I don't do much card work or much work at all, to be honest... and I don't need another Mastercard.
Funny, the guy who suggested it gave me an example of doing a grueller during a busy weekend and heading straight to the bank machine and withdrawing his earnings to go on the piss. 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 05:00:28 pm »
How do charges compare with Sumup... Is there an ATM withdrawal fee, etc?

Offline watty

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 05:12:08 pm »
Re the Sumup 'next day payment' option...  I think you have to have one of their Mastercard cards and the cash gets paid into that, not your bank account.    And doesn't the Govt, in its pursuit of a cashless economy, charge a tax of €40/year on credit and debit cards?  If you get 'paid' once a week into your bank account, that's 1 bank charge.  If you're 'paid' 20 or 30 times a week into the credit card, are there charges for that?  So it'll cost you €40 on top of whatever commission and fees associated with Sumup/Mastercard?

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 10:02:46 am »
Sum up works just fine fer me (1.42% commission) paid within a few days,
the card reader lives in the center consul and takes usually less than a minute to process a card.

Why fix what is not broken ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 10:26:53 am »
It's good to have options.Even at 1.42% the commissions from Sumup are too high.There's no reason at all the price can't be capped at let's say 30 cent per transaction or whatever.

By only using one provider they get too much power and will try to up their fees just like Freenow did.

1.42% of €30 fare for simply handling a transaction is still not a good deal for the driver.Much more significant to your bottom line than a few cent on the juice prices.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 05:27:25 pm »
Re the Sumup 'next day payment' option...  I think you have to have one of their Mastercard cards and the cash gets paid into that, not your bank account.    And doesn't the Govt, in its pursuit of a cashless economy, charge a tax of €40/year on credit and debit cards?  If you get 'paid' once a week into your bank account, that's 1 bank charge.  If you're 'paid' 20 or 30 times a week into the credit card, are there charges for that?  So it'll cost you €40 on top of whatever commission and fees associated with Sumup/Mastercard?

Correct... except it's payment within an hour.... and I thought Debit Card stamp duty was a fiver?

Offline Belker

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2022, 10:54:13 am »
Sumup usually takes a couple of days but that's all changing - unless you opt out as I did........
I opted out also, I don't want/need a mastercard nor the hassel of setting up and transferring back to my own bank account.
All the Free Free stuff looks great but you can be sure there will be catches !

Show Unread Posts