Author Topic: Taxi rental now One Thousand Euro Per Month Minimum  (Read 795 times)

Offline silverbullet

Taxi rental now One Thousand Euro Per Month Minimum
« on: December 01, 2022, 07:05:53 pm »
...And a reasonable €1,440.00 per month with insurance supplied.

Who could turn down such an offer?

If you see cheaper out there be sure to let us know.

We wouldn't want to see a hidden cartel operating now, would we?

During the current economic downturn, an in-car mattress is a must.

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Taxi rental now One Thousand Euro Per Month Minimum
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 07:33:46 pm »
There are a good few months a year when I wouldn't make that much after expenses.I wish I had their stamina and enthusiasm.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 11:50:36 am »
I think you'd struggle to turnover less than €40/hour if you work for Free Now. You could probably double that with ambassadorship, priority and prebookings.

You could always rent your yoke out, I guess.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 01:24:23 pm »
It's not nearly as busy on the day shift as it was a few months ago..but that could be just me.You do alright but the lack of tariff 2 except on Sunday keeps the hourly rate much lower in my experience.

My lack of earnings is more to do with a lack of interest. Some days I'm only getting out of the gaff for a few hours. I'm starting to understand why we have so many pensioners in the ranks. More of a hobby than a full-time job for some of us.Obvously when a big bill or a holiday comes along I get stuck in like the full-time scum.

I dunno if I could rent out my yoke as it's getting old and the rentee would likely do more damage to it than I'd receive in rent.

Offline John m

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 02:21:54 pm »
Today Dropped our kid at Trinity back up Dame Street Jurys full of taxis .Thomas Street Rank for about ten Minutes job to Google Ghetto 14 Euro back to Aston one hour twenty minutes First. Drove off headed home ay 9.50 Am Passed Heuston both ranks loaded .Free Now running home for 10.20 .Friday morning is now like Sunday during Covid .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 03:07:17 pm »
It's still ok but if the traffic wasnt so shit we'd be earning even less.Small jobs are turning into medium priced jobs.The fact that we can't move around so freely is reducing the availability of taxis during the day IMO.

About the taxi rentals I dropped a newbie up to Ballymount who is renting the last three months and he's going back to Aldi as he feels the extra pressure he's now under renting isn't worth it.Not for everyone.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 03:13:16 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 04:53:45 pm »
It's still ok but if the traffic wasnt so shit we'd be earning even less.Small jobs are turning into medium priced jobs.The fact that we can't move around so freely is reducing the availability of taxis during the day IMO.

About the taxi rentals I dropped a newbie up to Ballymount who is renting the last three months and he's going back to Aldi as he feels the extra pressure he's now under renting isn't worth it.Not for everyone.
If it's diesel then add €600 on average for fuel per month. €2,040.00. If you add to that, every gull trying to "win" a free raffle ticket for an MG5 -  doing extraordinary hours to enrich FN coffers, thus supporting every unlit/uninsured gobshite on an e-scooter. Now that's what I call pressure 2022.

Offline watty

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 05:08:46 pm »
Today Dropped our kid at Trinity back up Dame Street Jurys full of taxis .Thomas Street Rank for about ten Minutes job to Google Ghetto 14 Euro back to Aston one hour twenty minutes First. Drove off headed home ay 9.50 Am Passed Heuston both ranks loaded .Free Now running home for 10.20 .Friday morning is now like Sunday during Covid .
Last two days have been shite alright.  People are getting some of their Social Welfare bonuses next week, I think, so hopefully they'll spend that on drug runs and so on  O:-)

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 11:00:26 pm »
Ah,it's been ok,once I get out for 7am I'm generally back home for 2 or 3pm....I don't need to make trummers or to make it into a rigged draw for a fukin leccy car!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 10:39:18 am »
Working nights for Free Now would cost them another €1,300+ per month - assuming a 40 hour week.

Online Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 12:11:12 pm »
I think you'd struggle to turnover less than €40/hour if you work for Free Now. You could probably double that with ambassadorship, priority and prebookings.

You could always rent your yoke out, I guess.

40 quid an hour ?  ???
Is that deliverin drugs?
Yu mite get that between 12.00 an 04.00 durin the Christmas vomit season

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2022, 10:41:02 am »
Yeah! a busy Sat.night-would fetch me 30/40 PH max.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2022, 04:13:41 pm »
Yeah! a busy Sat.night-would fetch me 30/40 PH max.

I got a shiver when I read "night".....

Show Unread Posts