Author Topic: How do you upload a bank statement to Uber.  (Read 1825 times)

Offline taxi1990

Re: How do you upload a bank statement to Uber.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2022, 03:45:31 pm »
1990 If you work in a big city and (especially on the days) you'll be a significantly down on your takings if you choose to take the moral high ground and not work any of the apps.It's just the most efficient way to work in Dublin for most of us.

I've three apps.The ranks are hit and miss and to be honest they're mostly full of pensioner drivers who are hoping for cash work.Even the rank passengers now wanna by card so it's not worth it for me anymore.

Seems to be very hard to hail a taxi in Dublin city, probably because most drivers are working for the apps. I'd definitely take my chances driving around and parking in a rank, up there.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2022, 03:59:27 pm »
Yeah 1990 come up and see how you get on.If it was easy to move at around and get flagged down we'd do it ourselves.You only hear about the few hours at the weekend that passengers can't get out of town.The rest of the week there's not the same demand.All you hear are the whinging passengers who expect empty taxis to pass them every 30 seconds.

By the way most of my rank work now ask to pay by card so there is no incentive to park up versus taking an app job.Some lads on here thought we'd take the work back off the apps when card payments became mandatory but all I got was even less cash work off the street.

It's not unusual to park on a rank and have a passenger using apps right in front of you.They don't give a shit.They just want a taxi on their app.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2022, 05:17:55 pm »
Yeah 1990 come up and see how you get on.If it was easy to move at around and get flagged down we'd do it ourselves.You only hear about the few hours at the weekend that passengers can't get out of town.The rest of the week there's not the same demand.All you hear are the whinging passengers who expect empty taxis to pass them every 30 seconds.

By the way most of my rank work now ask to pay by card so there is no incentive to park up versus taking an app job.Some lads on here thought we'd take the work back off the apps when card payments became mandatory but all I got was even less cash work off the street.

It's not unusual to park on a rank and have a passenger using apps right in front of you.They don't give a shit.They just want a taxi on their app.

its usually day time in Dublin when I need taxis. I always just hail one when I can find one or go to a rank.

would the majority of drivers turn off the apps when its busy weekend nights?

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2022, 07:17:55 pm »
Dunno about the night shift but the apps are really difficult to operate when they get busy.They crash and offer phantom jobs so they are probably turned off out of irritation.

What rank does be empty when you are in Dublin?I work them all and if they're empty its because there isnt much happening there.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 07:24:28 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2022, 08:26:44 pm »
Dunno about the night shift but the apps are really difficult to operate when they get busy.They crash and offer phantom jobs so they are probably turned off out of irritation.

What rank does be empty when you are in Dublin?I work them all and if they're empty its because there isnt much happening there.

I find it funny that the apps don't get anything when its busy at night, id say they hate that.  ;D

the one outside Connolly station for one.

Offline watty

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2022, 09:53:48 pm »
Connolly is usually full of taxis unless you're one of the 50,000+ people going to a match in the Aviva & looking for a taxi after getting off the train or DART or LUAS.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2022, 10:00:42 pm »
Connolly is usually full of taxis unless you're one of the 50,000+ people going to a match in the Aviva & looking for a taxi after getting off the train or DART or LUAS.

That would be me in fairness. I have got taxis from the rank on O Connell street a few times.

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2022, 11:15:50 pm »
Another issue with Conolly is the continuous white line outside.Empty taxis driving passed on the opposite side of the road can't legally turnaround to pick up passengers.

Then when you do pick up on it often people are going northside which involves a huge detour that pisses off the customer or you end up doing the illegal u-turn to get pointed in the right direction.Not very taxi friendly.

I've gotten caught out with the junkies coming out of Sheriff street a couple of times.Got paid eventually but it's not worth the hassle with the shit they have going on in their lives.Not my favorite rank.It only really moves when a few trains come in together.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 11:19:12 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Belker

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2022, 06:07:18 am »
Maybe they're looking for a 'real' copy of the bank statement. If so, open one of your statements and right-click to save it as a pdf. Then upload the pdf file?
There is no option to upload a file, only just to take a photo.

There is Ken.....hit the "take a photo" option and it should give you the option to take a photo or upload....I generally take photos on a white background(our bay window sill) and then upload them,just did it a few weeks ago.
Thanks Hal, but I don't have any online banking on my phone but only on my PC at home so I dont have anything to upload.

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2022, 06:09:52 am »
Yu can get a statement at ATM Ken I tink ?
2 options ...1 a receipt roll out the machine which obviously is useless ....but yu can order a  full statement posted ....
Thanks Octy, I had a look at my bank account on my PC and there is an option to request a posted bank statement, which I have done so hopefully be good to go when I get that.

And thanks to all fer the help...

Online Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2022, 08:27:19 am »
2 options ...1 a receipt roll out the machine which obviously is useless ....but yu can order a  full statement posted ....
Thanks Octy, I had a look at my bank account on my PC and there is an option to request a posted bank statement, which I have done so hopefully be good to go when I get that.

If uber pisses ya off which I tink it will ...don't delete it ...yu never know how th economy will go ....another string to uur bow

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2022, 01:23:42 pm »
Another issue with Conolly is the continuous white line outside.Empty taxis driving passed on the opposite side of the road can't legally turnaround to pick up passengers.

Then when you do pick up on it often people are going northside which involves a huge detour that pisses off the customer or you end up doing the illegal u-turn to get pointed in the right direction.Not very taxi friendly.

I've gotten caught out with the junkies coming out of Sheriff street a couple of times.Got paid eventually but it's not worth the hassle with the shit they have going on in their lives.Not my favorite rank.It only really moves when a few trains come in together.

Yeah I noticed that about it being awkward for taxis picking up there alright. Forgot to ask the driver I got what was wrong with his car, id guess the shocks were gone, very uncomfortable trip, nice guy though.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2022, 08:00:46 pm »

Download.pdf on your pc, send it to yourself by email or webwhatsapp , open it on your phone, take screenshot , job done.

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2022, 09:32:04 am »
I got my printed statement off the bank this Sunday morning, had it all laid out on the table ready to take the required photo, opened the uber app and got the option to go online immediately ?? (as in without taking the bank statement photo).

I went online just to check and got a job offer a few minutes later, so they must have accepted the bank statement photo taken from my PC, it would have been nice if'n they had told me this last week.

And again Thanks to all fer the assistance.

Offline Horse

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2022, 10:35:45 am »
I'd say they sussed that you'll more than likely plaster their stickers all over yer car and bam, you're live.

Show Unread Posts