Author Topic: Persuning FN 'Runners' ??  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Persuning FN 'Runners' ??
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2023, 11:44:54 am »
I don't find that an acceptable response from Free Now, Ken. They are well able to apply their surge pricing surcharges directly. It should be incumbent on the individual who ordered the taxi to discharge the fare in the event that the passenger absconds. At the very least the account should be blocked until such time as said fare is discharged. Their contempt for their drivers, the men who are working for them, is beyond belief. Politely asking the client to contact you with no consequences should he not elect to so do is merely encouraging clients to treat Free Now drivers aa a Free service.

Was the client an immigrant?

Offline Horse

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023, 12:30:28 pm »
Therin lies the problem. "The drivers,  the men that work for them." As far as I'm concerned it should be the app providers, the companies that " work for the drivers."  Without drivers they're fcuked, we on the other hand are not.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2023, 01:09:49 pm »
Either way, washing their hands of all responsibility for the riff raff they give us isn't acceptable. They have the control so there's no reason they can't at least block accounts with outstanding debts. As it stands they're sending us clients who they know are unlikely to pay the fare... which is no use to them or us.

Offline Horse

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2023, 01:52:34 pm »
It's because they don't give a bollox.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2023, 02:02:59 pm »
Well, if any man could make them give a bollox it'd be owr Ken.

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2023, 03:43:44 pm »
...... Was the client an immigrant?
No, Irish lad about 25'ish.

Offline Belker

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2023, 03:45:25 pm »
I don't find that an acceptable response from Free Now, Ken. They are well able to apply their surge pricing surcharges directly. It should be incumbent on the individual who ordered the taxi to discharge the fare in the event that the passenger absconds. At the very least the account should be blocked until such time as said fare is discharged. Their contempt for their drivers, the men who are working for them, is beyond belief. Politely asking the client to contact you with no consequences should he not elect to so do is merely encouraging clients to treat Free Now drivers aa a Free service. ....
FN reply;
"Unfortunately, we can't charge a fare to a passenger’s account once the booking has been closed in our system and due to GDPR, we aren't able to share the passenger's number without their permission first.

Here we only have one option, can you permit us to share your contacts with the passenger in question so that the two of you can settle the missing fare?

However, if the passenger does not respond or call you, we would encourage you to contact the Guards with regard to this incident to report and we will be happy to assist them with their investigation to help to resolve this issue for you once officially requested."

Offline Belker

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2023, 03:47:41 pm »
I did reply and give them permission to give the lad my number yesterday but he has not rung me yet.

I will get on to them again stating that and ask if his account has been blocked.

"To FN,

The customer has not contacted me to arrange payment.

Will his account be blocked now by FN or will he be able to do the same to another driver ?"

« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 03:51:43 pm by Belker »

Offline John m

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2023, 03:55:40 pm »
You have another option .Report it to the Gards .You are a victim of crime .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2023, 04:00:22 pm »
I know that but the amount of time it could take is not worth my effort.
Anyway me small fella requested me to let it go rather than give the lad a criminal record.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2023, 04:11:10 pm »
It'll be interesting to see what they say to that, Ken but I don't buy into that nonsense about not being able to charge 'cos the job is "closed". Prior to SCA they were well able to block accounts pending satisfaction of bounced card payments.

I wouldn't bother the Gardai with it. Rather than thinking of it in terms of losing the value of the fare just think of it as giving the lad a lift, taking 10 minutes or whatever. You can't lose what you never had!

Offline Tony

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2023, 04:13:37 pm »
Anyway me small fella requested me to let it go rather than give the lad a criminal record.

GO AND KNOCK ON HIS FUKKIN DOOR
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Belker

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2023, 04:27:28 pm »

GO AND KNOCK ON HIS FUKKIN DOOR
He lives 30km from me and possibly not his actual address but his neighbours,
and then the chance that he wouldn't answer the door if he saw a taxi outside,
but anyway I have his eircode saved and if'n I'm ever passing that way, I will give a knock.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2023, 04:41:26 pm »
..or you could report it to your local Shin Fayne office.

Offline watty

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2023, 05:14:29 pm »
I never had a payment declined so I'm a bit confused about this story.

In any event, you have a contract with FN and the guy has a contract with FN.  FN are the middleman.  That's why I'm always happy to see account/card jobs because, as far as I'm concerned, I'm getting paid regardless of whether FN does.  If there is no money in the guy's bank account, that's FN's problem, not mine.  He gives FN the money and they take their cut before passing it on to us.  IMHO, FN owe you the money now.

I'd still report it to the Guards as a matter of principle.  Unless we appear on the Gardai stats, we'll just be ignored.

Show Unread Posts