Author Topic: Rugby  (Read 9564 times)

Online Shallowhal

Re: Rugby
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2018, 03:01:42 pm »
We haven't encouraged our kids to get decent jobs,my chungfella is only interested in music,the house is like a rehearsal studio most of the time,he wants to do applied music in college this year after his leaving cert,we'll encourage him as much as we can..the daughter (14)is very studious,but all she want to do and talk about...apart from fashion and makeup...is dance....she gave up competition about a year ago to concentrate on her ballet and jazz but recently returned to competition and the bleedin trophys have returned aswell..again all we can do is encourage and support her as best we can,if it makes them happy and it helps them escape the drudge that we had to endure in the 80's...so be it!!

john m

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2018, 03:26:34 pm »
We haven't encouraged our kids to get decent jobs,my chungfella is only interested in music,the house is like a rehearsal studio most of the time,he wants to do applied music in college this year after his leaving cert,we'll encourage him as much as we can..the daughter (14)is very studious,but all she want to do and talk about...apart from fashion and makeup...is dance....she gave up competition about a year ago to concentrate on her ballet and jazz but recently returned to competition and the bleedin trophys have returned aswell..again all we can do is encourage and support her as best we can,if it makes them happy and it helps them escape the drudge that we had to endure in the 80's...so be it!!

At least its not TECHNO Not unusual to listen to the same 4 notes for days while the second phrase in the third octave gets manipulated or something like that I stopped listening .

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2018, 04:09:47 pm »
Got as far as  "still to thick to listen .". Did I get the gist?

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2018, 04:14:56 pm »
How do you define a decent job? One you enjoy, one your parents can boast about, etc...

john m

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »
How do you define a decent job? One you enjoy, one your parents can boast about, etc...

One that lets them move out .

Online Shallowhal

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 04:59:35 pm »

Not driving a fukin taxi for starters!!

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2018, 01:31:55 am »
There's worse ways to earn a crust. There's not many unskilled jobs that let you come and go as you please with no responsibility, no physical effort, etc. However, I was being philosophical. Without referencing any particular trade/profession/vocation what makes any job "decent"... I would put enjoying what you do pretty high up the list, what that is will vary from person to person.

I think a lot of parents rate a job that they imagine will impress their neighbours/peers above their kids doing something they enjoy. Of course, in reality, your neighbours/peers don't give a flying fuck. It's a bit like your holiday snaps. You and your spouse are the only ones who find your kids doing this, that or the other to be cute. Those you subject to the slideshow would much rather see them on Facebook later when they'll really enjoy them... honest!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:41:40 am by Rat Catcher »

Offline Belker

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2018, 09:06:50 am »
To quote the old Chinaman; "Find job you love and you never work a day in your life !".

Show Unread Posts