Author Topic: For Ken  (Read 5443 times)

john m

Re: For Ken
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 01:05:54 pm »
There could be merit in both accounts. I got the impression that O'Leary wasn't overly happy with Mullins' pandering to the Riccis.

That would be my thinking Rodent ,how many winners did Mullins train for O Leary @ Cheltenham ?

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 08:44:42 pm »
https://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/willie-mullins-says-split-with-michael-oleary-purely-over-money-35088235.html

Champion horse trainer Willie Mullins doesn't see either side backing down in the disagreement which saw Michael O'Leary withdraw 60 of his horses from Mullins' stable.

It emerged yesterday that the country's most successful trainer and the leading owner of jump horses have gone their separate ways after an enormously successful relationship.

A decision by Mr Mullins to increase his fees by 10pc drove a wedge between him and the Ryanair chief executive's Gigginstown House Stud as Mr O'Leary refused to pay.

Mr O'Leary has kept quiet about the split. But a statement issued through Ryanair thanked Mr Mullins and his team at Closutton for the grade-one races they won together over seven years.

"We have agreed - with considerable regret - to move the Gigginstown horses to alternative trainers for the coming 2016/17 season," it said.

Read more: Willie Mullins to lose 'around 60 horses' after splitting with Gigginstown House Stud over fee dispute

john m

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 09:39:54 pm »
A lot of cases of ego driven owners .Daniel Wildenstein took his horses off Champion trainer Peter Walwyn in the 70S Sheik Mohammed took his horses off Champion Trainer Henry Cecil in the 80s  Potts took their horses off De Broomhead the same time as OLeary moved his .The paper excuse was costs but costs wouldnt bother O Leary the Billionaire .Playing second fiddle to Ricci and others and Ruby Not riding his horses must of pisses Mick off .As I said how many winners did Mullins train for O Leary @ Cheltenham ?

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 10:25:31 pm »
.Playing second fiddle to Ricci and others and Ruby Not riding his horses must of pisses Mick off

------------------------------
Your probably right that that was grating on MOL's tits,only the 2 men know the full real truth...

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 08:30:04 pm »
O'Leary moved his horses from Mullins over money,Mullins upped his fees for training to everyone and O'Leary refused to pay.

That's it in a nutshell !

Not sure about that Ken ,he breaks a lot of good horses .A lot of his good bumper horsers never train on.Compare him to somebody like Nicky Henderson who seems to Keep horses healthy .I dont think money would of been the Prime motive for O Leary more a clash of Egoes .Still Paddy wouldnt take me money I thought Elliott had it in the bag .

It's true John,believe me.

There might well have been a clash of Ego's or other events in the background,
but I'm totally with Marky on this issue. O Leary is a miserable sod !

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 08:44:14 pm »
A lot of cases of ego driven owners .Daniel Wildenstein took his horses off Champion trainer Peter Walwyn in the 70S Sheik Mohammed took his horses off Champion Trainer Henry Cecil in the 80s  Potts took their horses off De Broomhead the same time as OLeary moved his .The paper excuse was costs but costs wouldnt bother O Leary the Billionaire .Playing second fiddle to Ricci and others and Ruby Not riding his horses must of pisses Mick off .As I said how many winners did Mullins train for O Leary @ Cheltenham ?

'Henry Cecil' (RIP), his name should only be whispered and not spoken, probably the best man ever to turn out a horse on the big day.
Barney Curley was probably the better horseman, but he just couldn't keep his Fingers out of the Till !

Show Unread Posts