Author Topic: Brave Hayley Moore.  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Belker

Brave Hayley Moore.
« on: May 23, 2018, 07:58:42 am »
At The Races presenter Hayley Moore sent social media into a frenzy on Tuesday afternoon with her heroic manoeuvre to capture a loose horse at Chepstow.
Moore, daughter of trainer, Gary, and brother to jockey Ryan, was working at the Welsh venue as the on-course reporter.
After one furlong of the Bet And Watch Handicap, Give Em A Clump stumbled and unseated his rider.
At the conclusion of the race, the horse came haring down the track with several people diving out of its path.
However, Moore showed nerves of steel to stand in its way.
While the three-year-old Give Em A Clump did slow down, it was not enough to prevent Moore being knocked to ground - but she somehow managed to keep hold of the reins.
Without even dusting herself down, she went on to unsaddle the gelding before returning to her day job.

30 second video footage from youtube;

Offline Belker

Re: Brave Hayley Moore.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 08:31:13 am »
I was admiring the girls bravery and thinking to myself that I wouldn't have done that and then I remembered that I actually did do just that about Forty years back albeit with a speeding greyhound rather than a horse.

I would have been about 14 or 15 at the time and with several years experience training dogs behind me.
On the night at the Cork dogtrack I was working the Bag fer me Da the bookie at trackside, the race starts off and all the dogs pass us up fer the first time and there is a big schmozzel at the first bend and one dog is knocked over and rolls several times, when he finds his feet he starts to run back the wrong way heading back in to the path of the Hare and charging hounds, without thinking I'm over the wall and stood in the center of the track waving my arms at the dog running the wrong way toward me, the dog dosen't slow but I still manage to catch him by his racing jacket and knock him, I gather up the dog in to my arms and over the rail in to the center field with just seconds to spare before the remaining dogs race past us.
The race result is called and allowed to stand and the track kennel-hand comes over to reclaim her dog from me. I shyly venture back over the center field rail and then over the track wall to a small round of applause from the stand, the track manager (Noel Holland) did come to me after racing to thank me in person.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:38:12 am »
Why wouldn't they just leave the horse alone until it gets tired?

Offline Belker

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:45:23 am »
Why wouldn't they just leave the horse alone until it gets tired?
Because horses not being the very smartest of trained animals will just keep running until they fall/die.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:47:35 am »
Ok but it would be like trying to grab a passing motorbike a 40mph and expecting not to be injured.Maybe brave is the wrong description.

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 09:56:19 am »
Ok but it would be like trying to grab a passing motorbike a 40mph and expecting not to be injured.Maybe brave is the wrong description.

Nope, Brave is the correct word, Hayley Moore knew the horse would probably kill itself if allowed to do another lap of the course in the hot mid-day sun, she very Bravely did all she could to protect the horse, she has my total respect.
Not like the Baldy Fooker standing aside who came to her aid after She had all the hard work done !

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 10:07:05 am »
Dunno, I like animals but I'd sooner shoot the horse than step out in front of one.They'd be quick enough to turn him into IKEA meatballs if he broke his leg in a race.

Offline Tony

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 10:38:23 am »
IKEA sell food?
Mr. T-bag to you

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 10:42:36 am »
Yeah in the restaurant near the tills.It's supposed to be cheap enough.They probably make ya assemble yer own burger though.Hate the place.

Offline Tony

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 11:12:08 am »
Never been there and have no plans to visit anytime soon
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Tony

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 11:17:18 am »
Fucks sakes... Ikea in Ballymun attracted a ludicrous 3.6 million shoppers last year

http://www.thejournal.ie/ikea-shoppers-4028657-May2018/
Mr. T-bag to you

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 12:25:32 pm »
Bring yer missus for her birthday Tony. The first time it's all right until you realise you've brought something home that will take 2 hours to put together. IKEA should really be on the premarriage course for new couples. Plenty of men looking lost and loadsa women walking around with their mouths open like they just got into Disneyland.

Offline Tony

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 12:27:39 pm »
Na, I'll pass but thanks inanyways
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Belker

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 12:35:03 pm »
....... IKEA should really be on the premarriage course for new couples........
rofl rofl

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 05:10:08 pm »
An acquaintance of mine thought he bought a desk there a few years back, turned out he bought a hobby.

Show Unread Posts