Author Topic: Cork TD leading the Uber charge in rural areas.  (Read 51459 times)

Offline taxi1990

Re: Cork TD leading the Uber charge in rural areas.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 11:41:23 pm »
even if uber ever started in rural areas in ireland, who would be bothered to sign up? what would you have for your night if any ejit with a smart phone was signed up? 30 euro for dealing with drunks driving your car on $hit rural roads. would you not be better off having a night out for yourself.

if it came in though, what is to stop jimmy and mary driving from the sticks to a city and working there for the night?

even small towns have enough taxis and buses to get people home on a night out.

Speaking about why this service is needed, Minister Daly said: "Taxis do not operate in most towns with a population of less than 7,500, more than 30 minutes from a city" and added that hackney services are not usually available on call either.

????  crazy statement above from this TD.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:56:50 pm by taxi1990 »

Offline Belker

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 05:19:27 am »
"This would be for areas with a population of less than 5,000 so it won't impinge on existing taxis and taxi services because they're non-existant in most of the areas that I represent," Minister Daly told C103 radio.

I can't see uber or any other app rideshare group being in any way interested in taking on rural areas only.
Even MyTaxi as it is currently don't operate in rural areas.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 07:17:49 am »
It's been known for a long time that Uber likes to throw a few brown envelopes around in whichever market they wanna enter.Every so often some unknown politician starts calling for Uber to solve all our problems.I'd say it drives them nuts that the NTA gave them the cold shoulder on all previous proposals.

But when ya think Uber drivers typically pay 20/25% commission and we're paying 12.5% plus free waiting time to Mytaxi and freely covering our taxis in Mytaxi logos we're not much better off than if we were working for Uber ourselves.

Offline Belker

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 07:28:12 am »
Again it is uber barking at the door, I suppose if they did get in on the Rural bit they wouldn't be long expanding out to the cities.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 08:53:52 am »
We might as well just work for them and get it done with.Mytaxi are busy pushing newbies through the test and pushing 100% card payments.No ten-year ruke etc..Uber doesn't sound that bad after all.Ya wouldn't even need stickers on yer doors.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 09:18:39 am »
Healy-Raes very quiet at the mo.

dalymount

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 09:42:34 am »
I dont understand why ye want to work with ANY of them at all.get out and find your own work .what kind of drivers are ya that you need to be spoon fed ?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 09:45:28 am »
No harm knowing what's going on, Dalyer. Half the people dining at your Xmas table were probably not your friends..........doesn't matter...........keeping informed is what this is about.

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 09:48:44 am »
Even to the extent that you feel your back in the PAYE sector ?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 09:53:02 am »
I've no control over what other people perceive as good or bad for this game, Dalyer. Someone else said on Roy's that if it's not Hail0 then it'll be some other crowd. There's a massive push towards getting the whole thing tied up with cashless and drivers tied down with loyalty and availability. As I've said on countless occasions..........if you want to survive, behave like John M and others..........play the auld soldier. I can make a ton by doing a shift in a restaurant if it comes to it.........if I could be bothered updating my skills to include all the modern health and safety crap........

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 10:08:28 am »
I dont understand why ye want to work with ANY of them at all.get out and find your own work .what kind of drivers are ya that you need to be spoon fed ?
Where would you go to find work mid week at 4am in the morning DM ?

dalymount

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2019, 10:13:39 am »
Same as I do belker,I float around. Maybe im just lucky,but when I left the PAYE sector,it wasto be my own boss.not to told by another company what to do

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2019, 10:15:21 am »
How much would it cost the government every week to pay dole and all the ancillaries to the immigrant asylums seekin downtrodden taxi drivers they fuk out of a job by bringing in uber.....
It mite be impossible for me or you to get the government to pay me mortgage but the tortured exiles will walk straight into a new upgraded gaff.... An all thr bells an whistles.....
Who thr fuk is going pay for that?
The European experiment?  Or you an me.... Or fukin uber....
People are tired of this global shite.......
I see the new RA is startin up again...im sure they'll be getting a few more recruitment... The old one is sold out to career men ..
People are tired of uda men coming down here evicting pensioners....
They fed up with not been able to buy w gaff an Facebook writing cheques for the blocks of gaffs going up... Tired of American scum bank jew zero tax paying vultures evicting and putting up rent whilst our own youngsters are fuckin emigratin in a boom cause they can't afford a gaff....
I'm getting tired of this shite and them fianna gowl fukin traiters and no fukin insurrection....
Gimme a fukin gun

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2019, 10:19:48 am »
I dunno about you or how Dooblin works DM, but down here in Cork the streets are Dry every mid week night from 3.30am on. The only work and good work available in those hours is MyTaxi work and I am as an Ambassador and almost always with priority sit at the Top of the Tree.
I'd rather pay 12% of a lot (with PUC) than 0% of Fook all sitting on a ghost rank at 4am.

Offline Belker

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2019, 10:36:50 am »
Same as I do belker,I float around. Maybe im just lucky,but when I left the PAYE sector,it wasto be my own boss.not to told by another company what to do
I dunno where your getting the "Told what to do" bit from DM ?
MyTaxi offer jobs, you take them or leave them as you please,
there is No "Told to" in the scenario.
Do you really think that I could be "Told what to do" lol

Show Unread Posts