Author Topic: Compulsive viewing  (Read 10628 times)

Offline markmiwurdz

Re: Compulsive viewing
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2021, 05:13:09 pm »
Can't have zombie movies anymore,just too many of 'em knocking around,best one I saw was World War Z.

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2021, 01:51:43 am »
Gone back to watch the 3rd season of Frontier….They are all half Irish in it..except for the Brits….Great bit of Brit bashing in it by the Montreal Paddy’s…Jason Momboa supposed to be half Irish-is a laugh b  lol
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2021, 12:54:11 pm »
The harder they fall on Netflix worth a watch

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2021, 01:16:00 pm »
supposed to be a brilliant new western movie on netflix.
ride the dog or something it's called.

Offline watty

« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2021, 05:15:40 pm »
The Power of the Dog.  All-star cast but Benedict Cumberbatch is meant to be esp good.  Haven't seen it myself yet.

A domineering, magnetic rancher responds with mocking cruelty when his brother brings home a new wife and her son, until the unexpected comes to pass.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2021, 06:34:15 pm »
They'd bite your head off before you finished  >:D
While they're being shot at a diversion is created allowing enough time to tie their laces. Better still if they have velcro straps. 8)

DO ZOMBIES SLEEP?
Posted by: ZRS Staff in PHYSIOLOGY February 8, 2011 11 Comments

It stands to reason that zombies must decay at a considerably slower rate than humans if they are to represent a credible threat to civilization.  Now, ZRS Researcher Dave Cogan offers one compelling theory of how this longevity might be accomplished: Sleep.

Cogan sites a groundbreaking sleep experiment from the University of Chicago proving that after 30 days of total sleep deprivation, a seemingly healthy rat will drop dead. In fact, all complex animated creatures – humans, rats, sheep, cockroaches – need some form of regular sleep cycle to stay alive.

Sleeping Zombie
Sleeping Zombie

He goes on to suggest that zombies could slow their cellular breakdown by mimicking the survival techniques of the living.  However, Cogan notes that this doesn’t necessarily mean a traditional, tucked-in-bed, eight hour recharge for our undead friends:

“Think of it as the standby mode on your computer.  It hasn’t shut down completely, but rather is in a holding pattern, allowing the machine to last longer and run more efficiently when booted back up.  Many insects and fish species act similarly, and so too may zombies.”

So the next time you spot a zombie milling about aimlessly, don’t just assume its too stupid or slow to do anything else.  Maybe its just recharging so it can be refreshed and ready when the next tasty meal happens by.

Food for thought.

rofl

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2021, 06:47:14 pm »
shame alec baldwin's western got knackered after the tragedy.
fabulous actor and i love a good western.

Offline watty

« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2021, 07:06:18 pm »
Check out 'Old Henry' (2021).  Looks good and violent!

Youtube trailer --> https://youtu.be/BZc4PVVd-0w

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2021, 08:22:59 pm »
The Power of the Dog.  All-star cast but Benedict Cumberbatch is meant to be esp good.  Haven't seen it myself yet.

A domineering, magnetic rancher responds with mocking cruelty when his brother brings home a new wife and her son, until the unexpected comes to pass.
Just finished it, not bad, Brokeback Mountain revisited. Cinematography was good. Not over fond of the characters that Jesse Plemons plays, but thought that he was the personification of evil in Breaking Bad.
"Many a road taken by many a first friend
And each one I've never seen again
I wish, I wish, I wish in vain
That we could sit simply in that room again
Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat
I'd give it all gladly if our lives could be like that" BD's Dream

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2021, 03:28:51 pm »

Online Belker

« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2021, 01:24:43 pm »

Just finished it, not bad, Brokeback Mountain revisited. Cinematography was good. Not over fond of the characters that Jesse Plemons plays, but thought that he was the personification of evil in Breaking Bad.
I watched the first hour, boring as Fook, 'Todd' was as bad in it as he was in Breaking Bad.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2021, 06:07:18 pm »
The Rescue on Disney + about the Thai cave rescue. Rick Staunton and John Volanthen actually take part in the documentary. These two avoid TV cameras like the plague. Top cavers, did a few body recoveries in Irish caves.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2021, 06:28:45 pm »

Speaking of Brokeback mountain, I only passed one car driving from Shankill to White's Villas,Dalkey, over Killiney hill and I'd swear it was you near Fitzpatrick's. 8)

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2021, 07:07:43 pm »

Speaking of Brokeback mountain, I only passed one car driving from Shankill to White's Villas,Dalkey, over Killiney hill and I'd swear it was you near Fitzpatrick's. 8)
Probably, ramp central, they just keep adding more, the most hated road for taxi drivers.
"Many a road taken by many a first friend
And each one I've never seen again
I wish, I wish, I wish in vain
That we could sit simply in that room again
Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat
I'd give it all gladly if our lives could be like that" BD's Dream

Online Belker

« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2021, 06:35:06 am »
The Rescue on Disney + about the Thai cave rescue. Rick Staunton and John Volanthen actually take part in the documentary. These two avoid TV cameras like the plague. Top cavers, did a few body recoveries in Irish caves.
I remember following that story very closely Bubba and talking to folk in the cab about it by night, and it was you giving us (the forum) the inside goss about diving and me passing it on to my customers and they almost salivating listening to your/my quotes.
Good result in the end with the 15 young lads all getting out, just a pity that 2 of the divers didn't make it.(R.I.P.)

Show Unread Posts