Author Topic: our new green government  (Read 33055 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: our new green government
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2020, 05:24:03 pm »
I'll vote for whoever gets me the helicopter money till Christmas!!

john m

« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2020, 09:58:09 pm »
You cant beat Gene Kerrigan for honesty ....Green Party members have been studying the proposed Fianna Fail/Fine Gael programme for government. Such diligence is necessary, laudable and a waste of time.

john m

« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2020, 12:25:53 pm »
How about this Dalymount .The Greens vote not to go into government .Leo is Proposed as Taoiseach by FG and is supported by FF and the Greens .He appoints 11 senators .The Dail votes on extending the offences against the State Act .its sent to the senate for ratification then Leo goes to the Park and calls a General election .I really cant see it working out with those three parties .There would be more arguments and fights than in a Gypsy campsite .

Are RTE researchers reading my posts .This exact question word for word was put to Willie O Dea this morning on RTE .

john m

« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2020, 12:46:58 pm »
And there under starters orders ....Nothing can be ruled out, including a second general election this year, if parties do not vote to pass the draft government deal, the Tanaiste has said.

Simon Coveney said, however, that he is a positive person and believes the deal can be approved.

dalymount

« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2020, 01:46:30 pm »
Id say its 50_50 the greens seem more sceptical of it then the other pair.plus the greens have to get two thirds to approve it,thats a big ask

john m

« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2020, 01:59:22 pm »
If the Greens say No and I think they will .Then what .Offences against the state act must be renewed .Only option is Others  agree to vote for Leo as Taoiseach so he can appoint the 11 senators that are needed to approve any Dail legislation .Then the old unelected ministers like Ross and Docherty get replaced Leo might take on all the Ministries so no new appointees then he goes to see Little Mickey in the Park and looks for another election .If that happens under Paddy Power betting rules the Next government is a FG Minority Government priced at 55/1 .I just had a small bet just in case .I also notice the odds on a second election this year have been cut to 13/8 it was 8/1 and the odds on the Troica forming a government has also been cut .Crazy times demand crazy solutions .

dalymount

« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2020, 02:02:46 pm »
Ya might see Frances Fitzgerald return,she was very poplar,and very reluctantly sacked

john m

« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2020, 02:04:50 pm »
Ya might see Frances Fitzgerald return,she was very poplar,and very reluctantly sacked

She wanted the Park she will stay put in Europe .Gerry Adams will be next President especially if we decide to allow Irish Passport holders living abroad vote in Presidential Elections .

john m

« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2020, 10:16:18 pm »
If the Greens say No and I think they will .Then what .Offences against the state act must be renewed .Only option is Others  agree to vote for Leo as Taoiseach so he can appoint the 11 senators that are needed to approve any Dail legislation .Then the old unelected ministers like Ross and Docherty get replaced Leo might take on all the Ministries so no new appointees then he goes to see Little Mickey in the Park and looks for another election .If that happens under Paddy Power betting rules the Next government is a FG Minority Government priced at 55/1 .I just had a small bet just in case .I also notice the odds on a second election this year have been cut to 13/8 it was 8/1 and the odds on the Troica forming a government has also been cut .Crazy times demand crazy solutions .

Is Leo now reading my Posts ....Mr Varadkar said he did not rule out being elected again as Taoiseach for a day so he could appoint 11 Senators to the new Seanad, but said it is not something he desires.

john m

« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2020, 04:14:39 pm »
SO 20% of FG VOTED NO ..The Programme for Government has been approved by the Fine Gael Electoral College.

The overall result was 80% in favour and 20% against. The total vote cast was 674, meaning a turnout of 95%.

The breakdown of the vote is as follows:

Parliamentary Party

Approved: 90%

Not approved: 10%

Council of Local Representatives

Approved: 57%

Not approved: 43%

dalymount

« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2020, 04:25:27 pm »
No surprise there,they were always going to vote in favour.its rhe green vote we're interested in

john m

« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2020, 05:18:49 pm »
The surprise is 20% of the Sheeple voted No .

john m

« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2020, 06:54:54 pm »
Paddy Power just stopped betting on another general election this year ?do they know something ?

john m

« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2020, 07:27:29 pm »
The surprise is 20% of the Sheeple voted No .

Dollyer that 20% is huge remember the TDs and Senators have 50% of the vote they voted yes so that 20% represents 40% of the Free vote .On that basis the Greens should vote NO .

dalymount

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2020, 07:54:57 pm »
I hope so

Show Unread Posts