Author Topic: boozers open for good friday  (Read 8935 times)

Offline Jack Meoff

Re: boozers open for good friday
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 12:15:28 pm »
First St patrick's day and now good Friday, only Christmas day left now and they are opened 365.

Catholic Ireland me bollix

And the holy hour 2.30 to 3.30 each day.
And close Sunday at 2 till 4 and Sunday night at 10 o clock.

Offline the driver

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 07:45:38 am »
Imagine how the tourists felt.
In Ireland for the weekend and pubs closed.
Gawk

I remember a few years back,picked up two english burds from the Regency on Holy Thurs at about 9pm,they were unaware that the boozers would be closed at midnight,not open on the Friday and they were heading home Sat morning...apparantly they got a great deal from their travel agent!!
There was silence in the back of the car when i broke the news to them!
Must have been in your Cab 2000 days.Before you got sense.I hear Anto has lost most of his hotels to Mytaxi.In fairness when Iwas with him he had the best Sunday morning trade in Dublin.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:50:07 am by the driver »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 01:17:13 pm »
He's lost most of the pubs. Of course mytaxi drivers (at least the ones that cover the pubs, not me) pay the publicans €2 per job. To be fair to Anthony all bribes paid to hotels/pubs/car hire sheds/etc were included in freight.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 02:43:40 pm »
Imagine how the tourists felt.
In Ireland for the weekend and pubs closed.
Gawk

I remember a few years back,picked up two english burds from the Regency on Holy Thurs at about 9pm,they were unaware that the boozers would be closed at midnight,not open on the Friday and they were heading home Sat morning...apparantly they got a great deal from their travel agent!!
There was silence in the back of the car when i broke the news to them!
Must have been in your Cab 2000 days.Before you got sense.I hear Anto has lost most of his hotels to Mytaxi.In fairness when Iwas with him he had the best Sunday morning trade in Dublin.

Indeed M,
I noticed that the Crowne Plaza Santry use Mytaxi occasionally (depending on who's working reception)and the usual ignorant suspect C2K drivers clogging up the entrance,they must have been told to sling their hook down to the Holiday Inn,cos the usual 3 are cloggin that up now.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 03:58:40 am »
Another decent night fukked up. With Celtic Tiger II gathering pace it woulda been a bumper year with all them house warming parties.

Apparently the correct phrase is "Celtic Phoenix", rising out of the ashes and all that. Some one on newstalk pointed out that a phoenix is or needs to be constantly reborn out of ashes meaning their must be loads of burning/crashes, hopefully not since this recovery and growth is based on domestic spending, savings and Irish business growth and full employment and not so much on on easy credit, the construction industry, (apparently nightmare now for builders to get finance) and less reliance on the multinationals.

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 06:42:36 am »
A good Bootlegger would easily clear a 'Bag a Sand' of a Holy Thursday night and Good Friday if worked properly.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 11:21:25 am »
A good Bootlegger would easily clear a 'Bag a Sand' of a Holy Thursday night and Good Friday if worked properly.

Do you miss it Ken ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 11:27:50 am »
Apparently the correct phrase is "Celtic Phoenix", rising out of the ashes and all that. Some one on newstalk pointed out that a phoenix is or needs to be constantly reborn out of ashes meaning their must be loads of burning/crashes, hopefully not since this recovery and growth is based on domestic spending, savings and Irish business growth and full employment and not so much on on easy credit, the construction industry, (apparently nightmare now for builders to get finance) and less reliance on the multinationals.

As sure as night follows day.... nobody will ever accuse Paddy of learning from his mistakes. We even have a bank bailout fund now!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 11:49:38 am »
House prices currently even higher than during the roar....sure what can go wrong?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 12:47:10 pm »
To be sure to be sure, top o the morning to you sir.

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 06:43:21 am »

Do you miss it Ken ?

I do to be honest, I had a lot of customers who had become friends over the years and I do miss them,
but these days the money is as good in the cab and in the cab it's all legit and above board.

I did get a lovely tribute late last year, I picked up this chungwan in town going out to Bishopstown,
her face was very familiar to me, but I said nothing, she is sat in the back on her phone as we drive out.
Then she puts down her phone and sez to me; "Your Ken Cash ? Aren't ya ?"
I reply; "I am Luv",
She sez; "Oh, we had so many parties 'Ken Cash'in' over the years !"
Next she is on her phone again and I hear her say; "You won't believe who is driving me home,
it's the Urban Legend, Ken Cash !"
We arrive at her home and there is Six lads standing out on the street forming a Guard of Honour
awaiting our arrival, I didn't know there names but I recognized all their faces and each lad in turn
shook my hand and sincerely thanked me fer my service over the years.
I will have to admit being a tad emotional leaving the scene.

Offline Tony

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 02:34:19 pm »
You forgot your pink tablet again ken
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 02:37:35 pm »
The Urban legend rides again.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 03:25:15 pm »
You forgot your pink tablet again ken

Followed by the blue one....a downer and an upper!!

Show Unread Posts