Author Topic: Kildare taxi driver gets conviction for assault on young woman before Naas Court  (Read 6833 times)

Offline Firewall

I had a conviction and appealed the decision to have my licence refused. Still have my licence. Can't go into the details though.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
You're one of thousands. Don't get SC started! The public have no idea of the danger they're putting themselves in by hiring a cab.

Offline Belker

The list fer disbarment on conviction fer a Taxi licence was fer Murder or Rape only,
all other convictions were allowed to hold a Taxi licence unless the Gardai object
in person to the court.

The Gardai don't have to object in court. The Superintendent can refuse to issue/renew any SPSV driving licence. The scumbag who is refused can then appeal the decision in court - sometimes with the support of his Union e.g. TTnH have supported at least one convicted drug dealer who had also been convicted for overcharging from DAP when Gardai refused to licence.

I stand corrected !

Offline Belker

So you can only murder or rape once but you can batter someone multiple times without fear of losing your licence....good to know!!

Yep, that's about it. Do you have someone in mind Hal ?
(I hope it's Tony or Gerry or Hippo.......)

The Liffey Lip

I had a conviction and appealed the decision to have my licence refused. Still have my licence. Can't go into the details though.

Don't tell anyone anything here. There's plenty out there with minor convictions...hard to refuse a man a means of earning a living lest he become a ward of the state....or a scratch merchant for life. Couple of the lads over on Roy's admitted doing "bird"....there's no telling people!

Offline Shallowhal

We're all friends here Lip,i'm feeling a bit deflated by your advice!!

The Liffey Lip

Deflation...I do apologise for that but there's always the Bible.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:03:20 pm by The Liffey Lip »

Offline Shallowhal

Think i'll leave the bible,a slab of beer seems more appropriate in my hour of deflation.

The Liffey Lip

Smart man. A slab??? Louth begod....Termonfeckin marvellous.

Show Unread Posts