Author Topic: best taxi meter  (Read 6045 times)

john m

best taxi meter
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:59:29 pm »
have a taxitronic but what is the best meter .

Offline Tony

Re: best taxi meter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:09:52 pm »
One with loads of extras on it.
I have the Hale meter and it's never let me down since I bought it 14 years ago
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 07:17:11 pm »
semitron mirror meter.
only problem you'll have is that you'll regret ye did'nt buy 3 or 4.

john m

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 10:58:16 pm »
Matt pointed out they all run slow or fast .cheaper to keep what i got .

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 03:24:33 am »
Cignus...used by the Black Cab's in London..
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 05:39:27 am »
I got a Hale meter, base radio and Roofie when I bought my plate 8 years ago, I have no idea of how old any of them were, the Hale was fine fer years but the screen was starting to go dim over the years, then my meter installer guy told me a few weeks ago that it would not pass suitability, so he installed a new/second-hand Hale fer 150 notes but the rotten thing prints a receipt after every fare regardless if the ignition is on or off. Gotta get a switch fitted after re-seal and suitability.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 06:38:02 am »
Does that mean you were turning off yer ignition after every fare to avoid printing a receipt?No wonder yer car is eating starter motors....

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 06:48:23 am »
Does that mean you were turning off yer ignition after every fare to avoid printing a receipt?No wonder yer car is eating starter motors....
Yes, but just blew the one starter motor in 8 years.

Offline Tony

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 07:24:23 am »
Ken press and hold the top right button (Rev)
This cuts out the printing.

Mr. T-bag to you

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 10:23:28 am »
^^^Ken I should have said eating alternators...either way it's a false economy to be turning the heap off after every job.The electrical system is under the most strain when yer turning it on.If I remember correctly the alternator is notoriously difficult to change on your jammer but a receipt roll is very easy.

I'm gonna put a switch on me own as the guy who sells the paper in the red cow put his prices up around 20%.

john m

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 10:29:04 am »
^^^Ken I should have said eating alternators...either way it's a false economy to be turning the heap off after every job.The electrical system is under the most strain when yer turning it on.If I remember correctly the alternator is notoriously difficult to change on your jammer but a receipt roll is very easy.

I'm gonna put a switch on me own as the guy who sells the paper in the red cow put his prices up around 20%.

Taxi tronic Rolls .Bridget Flannagan who works in Super Value gave me a box of rolls for the Credit Card machine about 8 years ago I stillhave loads of them left they fit

Offline Belker

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 10:40:00 am »
Ken press and hold the top right button (Rev)
This cuts out the printing.

I tried that just now, it dosen't work on mine.
Please explain more about when button Two (Rev) should be pressed ?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 10:53:54 am »

MFH whats the story with all them new yokes that switch off Automatically when you stop ? Would they be fckn up their systems also ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 10:58:21 am »

MFH whats the story with all them new yokes that switch off Automatically when you stop ? Would they be fckn up their systems also ?

Newer cars are designed to fail big money in replacement parts .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 11:18:42 am »

Newer cars are designed to fail big money in replacement parts .
Clever Cnuts them manufacturers
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Show Unread Posts