Author Topic: Starting out?  (Read 11608 times)

dalymount

Re: Starting out?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 02:41:59 pm »
I think John nedsto go into the city centre at 2 am  on Friday night and see if the punters will refuse to get into a taxi because it doesnt have Kearns logo on the side

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2019, 03:06:01 pm »
Many of us don't bother working those hours and the majority of passengers don't be in town after midnight.It's mainly business account work during the weekdays.Unless you're put there you'll never understand how things have changed.Im working today in the shitty rain and there are very few hands out.All app work.Once drivers are happy a few moaners like us won't change anything.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2019, 03:15:23 pm »
Many of us don't bother working those hours and the majority of passengers don't be in town after midnight.It's mainly business account work during the weekdays.Unless you're put there you'll never understand how things have changed.Im working today in the shitty rain and there are very few hands out.All app work.Once drivers are happy a few moaners like us won't change anything.
Daylight hours , App work , its safer and cleaner than looking over your shoulder at every fckn drunkn cnut that gets into the car in the crazy hours, and YES I have been there and done them hours.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

dalymount

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2019, 03:39:37 pm »
Tell that to the drivers who were given work in tyrelstown and found themselves the victims of attacks

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2019, 04:02:55 pm »
Tell that to the drivers who were given work in tyrelstown and found themselves the victims of attacks
Taken on board DM but it still is a lot safer and cleaner doing the "Daylight" hours, if we were to worry about "Daylight" hours we may as well stay indoors.

I know its been raised before but can MyTaxi can be held responsible if a driver comes a cropper with 1 of there clients ?, like could we claim of the MYT insurance for damages / loss of earnings ?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2019, 04:19:54 pm »
We all have different M.O's. I moved from days because of the amount of tracker knackers trying to score during daylight hours.
They are more apparent because all the free services and welfare system operate office hours.
You are more likely to rank up during day work, and rhat leaves you vulnerable to skobies.
At least on Tariff 2 when you're cruising you get to make snap judgements.
More and more attacks are driving cabbies to the cleaner, safer App work.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2019, 11:39:23 am »
If you like your nights out op, dont get into this game.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2019, 04:53:23 pm »
+1

Offline Mucker

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2019, 03:25:19 pm »
+1

Have 2 kids so my nights out are well curtailed at this stage anyway

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2019, 03:27:34 pm »
You can work whenever you want in the cab. Don't unnecessarily tie yourself to perceived busy times such as weekend nights.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2019, 03:32:24 pm »
You can also work when the wife is at home

dalymount

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2019, 03:52:49 pm »
Only if Ebbs,Kelly,and Kearns say so though

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2019, 07:12:09 pm »
if you are not working in the cities, saturday night will be your busiest night. it will be hard to take that night off when it is your best money making time. most taxi drivers are greedy and wont take too many saturday nights off.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2019, 09:12:42 am »
if you are not working in the cities, saturday night will be your busiest night. it will be hard to take that night off when it is your best money making time. most taxi drivers are greedy and wont take too many saturday nights off.
1990, in my case its a case of necessity rather than greed, Family, mortgage and bills to pay, why would I take Saturday off unless I absolutely had to ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2019, 09:25:05 am »
The money can be easier to make on busy weekend nights thanks to tariff 2.But you don't really have to do them in Dublin.Even during the recession I could get a decent days pay for a long Saturday day shift.8am to 8pm,it used to be worthwhile before I got lazy.

So the myth that you need to work nights to survive was never really true.We've got Vandriver making trummers on the app during the day.I've only worked up until 2am maybe three times in ten years.I'd do it if I was in trouble for money but prefer to stick to the normal hours.

I find it interesting that the drivers who never work days think it's a life of poverty.

Show Unread Posts