Author Topic: Ultra low emissions zones  (Read 4863 times)

john m

Ultra low emissions zones
« on: April 07, 2019, 08:24:00 am »
London is to introduce them this year .High emission vehicles will be banned or have to pay a charge .I wrote before on Roys a DCC Councillor told me there is a plan to introduce something like this for Dublin AND I AGREE .Banning older Diesels that dont meet the Euro 5 or 6 emissions standard would be a good starting point .As most taxies do meet this standard we shouldnr be really effected ,but if they do decide to introduce it where will it end .Be interesting to see how the Tree hugging mungbean munching bike pedeling sandal wearing craft beer drinking non denominational school supporting voters lend their support to.I heard the Greens and possibly Profit from the People and SF are looking at adopting a policy that all cars licenced after 2025 will need to be hybrid of fully electric .

The Liffey Lip

Re: Ultra low emissions zones
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 08:47:27 am »
Prophet before People want us all as hybrids anyway, and SF want the English out of Ireland and everyone else in. Pity the alternatives shagged themselves up with so many divisions before they ever got started.

john m

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 08:56:23 am »
Lip dont know if its a scam or as a result of environmental or mobile phone radiation but 9% of males under the age of 7 are  on the Autism Spectrum .There is no OFFICIAL figures but a good friend who works in the sector and has a non verbal son tells me its becomming a real issue but nobody is championing any sort of inquiry into it .I personally know 4 people who have non verbal Autistic Children ,dont remember any when I was a kid in the 60s or seventies or eighties or ninties ,only seems to have developed along with the boom in Diesel cars and mobile phones .As you have commented about 5G we need to be weary .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 09:00:35 am »
Diesel wouldn't do anything to anyone except slowly poison them..........Autism is around a while now I think. I just don't understand why if 5G is safe that the nation who invented it (Israel) has banned it in its own country.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 09:12:04 am »
I've a daft theory and my plumber agreed that it's something to do with deteriorating lead pipes in old houses.Recently Irish water dropped in some leaflets around to say that they were replacing all lead connections outside of older properties.The lead inside is the property owner's problem.Some symptoms of the oul autism spectrum are similar to other conditions.Years ago people thought you were just weird now your autistic and probably driving a Renault because ya like feel the seats.

john m

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 09:15:12 am »
I worked with a bloke in the 70s who had worked in a hotel in Canada and he told me a story about a chef who died and when they done the autopsy they found he had cooked his liver .Turned out he use to stand in front of the Microwave oven when he was reheating food and the deflected radiation cooked him .Now they warn you not to put metal in the oven and use darkened glass on the doors .They tell us Radiation has a half life ot thousands of years but then they create more radiation .Are we overdosing on radiation from power lines and mobile masts ?

john m

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 09:18:35 am »
I've a daft theory and my plumber agreed that it's something to do with deteriorating lead pipes in old houses.Recently Irish water dropped in some leaflets around to say that they were replacing all lead connections outside of older properties.The lead inside is the property owner's problem.Some symptoms of the oul autism spectrum are similar to other conditions.Years ago people thought you were just weird now your autistic and probably driving a Renault because ya like feel the seats.

Non Verbal kids .I dont remember any kids from when I was young who couldnt talk and it only seems to be boys ,Autism in girls is very rare .

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 09:35:44 am »
If I had a tablet with Thomas the tank engine for ten hours a day put in front of me I'd never bother speaking either.

The numbers where I live seem all lot higher than average.Some kids are worse than others.Maybe years ago the autistic lads just learned to adapt or got sent somewhere..

john m

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 09:45:17 am »
Do we just accept stuff without knowing the long term effect .I read a report from Harvard SocialScience Dept .Do you remember the Alien Babies Toys Kids had to keep them in an egg and the Tomagotchi the digital thing you had to interact with to keep alive .Both of them toys were developed in Harvard and Tokyo universities to test human interaction with unknown forces ,The experiment was to see if the Human race could be coerced into supporting the invasion of earth by an Alien Force .Kids willingly embraced the prospect of keeping the jelly aliens alive in the hope they would come alive and older kids were willing to interact with cyber invaders .

Look at Apps this experiment told app developers that Humans will interact with the unknown if they can see a prize at the end of it no matter what potential damage that prize might do to them .

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 09:53:14 am »
Dunno Erm ya don't need to carry a bag to put the Tamagotchi shites into.No vet fees or kennel costs when ya go on holidays either. I think that other thing is called gamification.

john m

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 10:08:06 am »
I just think its all smoke and mirrors they tell us one thing but they mean another .The whole diesel gate thing blew up overnight .Back to the Autism thing .The amount of Autistic kids is higher in countries with the highest amount of diesel cars .Its very low in the states where they use petrol .My Great Great Granny was from Cuff Street I often think what a great place to live right in the middle of the City or Kevin Street Ivy Trust best location in the City but can you imagine the dirth of the air around there from car fumes always amuses me the bike peddelers who want to ban the dirty diesels effectivly live in the equivlent to the cities catalitic concerter  Stoneybatter and Renelagh must be toxic gas traps .

john m

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 11:29:40 am »
Merc I havent worked since 16th problem with turbo blowing fumes back into the car ..For years people have committed suicide by exhaust fumes so obviously not great for your health .I wonder how our health is impacted working sitting two or three feet behind an exhaust pipe .A cousin of mine was part of a survey for the Barmans Union ,before the smoking ban he blew into a meter every night after work and when he was off work and they discovered there was an impact from secondry smoke .The deal done with vintners was they accept the smoking ban and the Unions dont sue on behalf of their members .They didny want to sue as they did not want to bankruopt pubs and put their members out of work .

Offline Mr phooey

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 12:30:16 pm »
Mr phooey worked in garage for 20 years wit  10litre diesel engines blowing smoke all friggin day... Some days you couldn't see your hand in front of ya .... And i  still able to talk....
Not one correage died of  heart disease or lung disease...... The killer was liver and stomach cancer..
 And insanity occasionally

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 06:23:34 pm »
Mr phooey worked in garage for 20 years wit  10litre diesel engines blowing smoke all friggin day... Some days you couldn't see your hand in front of ya .... And i  still able to talk....
Not one correage died of  heart disease or lung disease...... The killer was liver and stomach cancer..
 And insanity occasionally
Try working in an Aircraft hangar, more carcinogens than Fukushima.

Show Unread Posts