Author Topic: Ultra low emissions zones  (Read 4927 times)

john m

Re: Ultra low emissions zones
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2019, 09:09:25 am »
Red Cow is the pick up for busses to Portlaois ,Kilkenny every two hours think its only 4 yoyo joins up with the air coach .Some of them you can use your old age travel card during the day .Apart from construction trades there is very little decent paying employment for Irish Men most of the high paid tech jobs are held by non nationals as we do not teach coding in school .If you were a kid just leaving school I wouldnt have a clue what to work at .5G is going to wipe out a lot of jobs especially low skilled .like shop checkout and bookies ,banks if the human can be replced by a digital device .Public service super annuated pensionable income seems to be the clever play .Mate of mine got a job as the porter in a health center about 20 years ago takes home just under 600 and has a pension to look forward to .His job involves opening up and closing the rest of the day he sits behind a desk pointing customers in the right direction .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2019, 09:16:16 am »
We probably do need a 24-hour bus service.Bar staff and cleaners and shift workers don't wanna have to taxi home either.Wait until the Metro is finished and the QBCs go in making the buses move more freely.That's a few thousand Dublin taxi drivers not needed anymore.They're finally fixing the place but our trade will be the sacrifice.I won't lose any sleep over it anyway.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 09:16:39 am »
The "Professions" will be the ones hit, John. Google Docs etc has virtually done away with the need for typing. Software packages out there for accountancy, taxation and law.........teaching can be done digitally in massive theatre halls. Best to get the kids into electronics or hi-tech design.

john m

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 09:27:47 am »
Seriously Lip if I was young I would train as some sort of mental terapist .The world is totally fucked up people dont talk to people anymore .If you lookat the human Zoo the USA people will pay for somebody to listen to them.Big Dommos birds sister worked the streets in the 80s and she reconed about half of her clients only wanted to talk not fuck .You even see it with tinternet Forums lads typing thinking that others are reading what they have to say .Mens mental health has deteriorated hugely over the years previously men had a place in the workforce hiarachy but that has all gone now as its more about keeping your head down to pay the mortgage .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 09:39:23 am »
 lol I agree but at least those of us over 40 can talk if we want to..............I'd brainwash my kids, hypothetically speaking, into joining the Greens, pay some Granny to train them how to knit their own socks and grow organic veg..train them to always reject the opinions of those over 25....encourage them to walk around with placards denouncing everything that happened before they were born.......

indoctrinate them into believing that Boyd-Barrett and Kim Jong-Un were the same person in different forms and that Ruth Coppinger was the real Mother Teresa....and then I'd tell them to ring the EPA hanging their neighbours for placing used tampons in the brown bin or inform on them for flushing the toilet after 11 p.m...I'd tell my daughters that men were evil, and that they could accuse them of anything with the surety of never having to face prosecution for defamation.......

I'd tell them that they were God and that Vegans are infallible.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 04:54:59 pm »
Uber fares going up in Londonium as a result.

Show Unread Posts