Author Topic: Fer all the Soppy Romantics !  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Belker

Fer all the Soppy Romantics !
« on: April 14, 2019, 10:22:20 am »
I had this lovely married lady (43) in the cab last night on a MyTaxi job, in she sits after her girls night out and starts off with; "We are all in a quandry about this song, I remember it as a child, I remember the words "Hello Operator" as she was trying to locate her Lover in space, but we just can't find it anywhere and we can't remember any more of the words".
I remembered the song from my youth but again I could not remember any more verses, so I took her number promising her that if I couldn't find it that I would be sure that my Mother could.

dalymount

Re: Fer all the Soppy Romantics !
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 10:30:02 am »
Its called the bar song by the white stripes ...I think

Offline Belker

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 10:30:51 am »
I did a birra googling this morning adding in a few more words from deep within my hippocampus and found it.
I texted the Info on to the Lady that the song was 'Clouds across the Moon' performed by the Rah Band.

Here it is fer all you Soppy Romantics;

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 12:41:30 pm »
Oh Ken you are sooooooo romantic

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 10:13:14 pm »
Cheese central  8) 8)

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 06:40:07 am »
I had a young lass in the cab last night on a MyTaxi job coming off the Aer coach at 3am who coincidentally I also dropped to the Aer coach last week. As it was raining on the journey to her home she told me that she loves to hear the rain on the roof while she sleeps.
I said to her; "Your a bit like W.C. Field's, he could only sleep when he heard the rain on the roof", she asked; "Who is W.C. Field's ?", I told her;"Ah, he is a bit before your time or even before my time, he was a great comedian in the early part of the last century, he was a big rival of Charlie Chaplin, he was a thundering alcoholic but he married a very beautiful lady who was much younger than him, why she loved him I have no idea because he was a totally obnoxious man off the stage. Anyway on his Death Bed he prayed fer rain to send him off to his last sleep but there was no rain, so his young wife covertly rang the fire brigade who turned up and discreetly turned their fire hose on to the roof of his house and W.C. Field's passed away that same night".

My story concluded just as we approached her destination and the young lass turned to me after my spout and said; "I'm gonna give you a lovely rating on MyTaxi, that was the most beautiful, romantic story I ever heard, I will sleep well tonight and I will never forget that story".

dalymount

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 07:45:59 am »
I also have a lovely romantic story  from last night,it involves tallaght statium. Can tou guess ??

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 08:02:39 am »
I also have a lovely romantic story  from last night,it involves tallaght statium. Can tou guess ??
0-1, Go on ya Good Thing Ya !!   rofl rofl

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 09:04:42 am »
0-1, Go on ya Good Thing Ya !!   rofl rofl
DM did ye's take your foot off the pedal after they had 2 men sent off ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 09:10:13 am »
"First thing I do when I wake up in the morning is smile, get it over with" - WC Fields

dalymount

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:01 am »
stc we didnt tske our foot off,we outplayed even when they had their full team

Offline Belker

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:58 am »
W.C. was One cranky kount, often reminds me of 'Tony de Pox' with his good and bad virtues and vices.

To quote W.C. as I'm sure Tony would agree; "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 12:28:00 pm »
I heard there was a lot of rioting in Tallaght before the game. Was it the (immigrant) football supporters?

Show Unread Posts