Author Topic: 1 or 3 Billion  (Read 8720 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: 1 or 3 Billion
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 08:53:57 am »
Ocky I also remember some years ago describing to some friends a job I was doing in a house in ballyfermot.it invokved fitting additional connection points.I told the people I was with that I had given the auld lady one in the hall,and one in the bedroom.they were pissing themselves laughing,and I couldn't figure out why,till later
rofl
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 09:14:18 am »
Yes were you also there ? Started when it was the dept of Pand T later to become telecom Eireann,then eircom,and now eir.I left in 2004when did you go ?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 10:00:53 am »
Dalyer, fair play to you...another man who only needs to work to get out of the gaff......you must be on 40k p.a. pension and you're on here giving about "your industry" being sold down the swannee....congrats by the way........ lol. You've gone way up in my estimations...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:13:15 am by The Liffey Lip »

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 10:15:18 am »
Congrats on what lippy ?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 10:18:20 am »
Being smart enough to know this is a part-time gig and for having a good job prior to taking up said part-time gig....

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 10:28:40 am »
Hmmm... I've posted up the costs of running a cheap taxi.It's not a part-time gig by any means.I don't believe it's viable as a weekender anymore.Anyone who says it is is spoofing or really bad at basic maths.Too many bullshitters on here LL muddying the water.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 10:36:11 am »
Depends how up your neck you are in debt really......some need to earn a serious amount of dough to keep afloat.......any man with a pension wouldn't be in that position for obvious reasons....age, for one; possible large lump sum on discharge to halve remaining mortgage......Most lads here seem to be able to while away several hours a day telling everyone how difficult it is to earn a crust, whilst later posting that the "bad times will come again". All very confusing but understandable if you consider the angle they might have. Part-time doesn't necessarily mean double-jobbing.......I'd say there's a few here with zero mortgage repayments etc....

dalymount

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 10:39:51 am »
I wish it became much more expensive to run a taxi,becauseif it did,then the double jobbing scum might consider their position and wether or not its worth it I believe it could be made into a very good,and profitable job if there was a willingness to do so by both the currentpole legally compliant drivers,and the authorities who govern the industry

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2019, 10:43:55 am »
Even 3 or 4 grand p.a. insurance is no deterrent to a man/woman with a good pension.....cost them that for golf club membership with no earning power at the end of it. 10 grand entry fee insurance wouldn't eat into a lump sum too much either...........it doesn't take long to come down afterwards.

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 10:59:14 am »
It's easy to make money now but even with fewer drivers it will get tougher when things slow down as our expenses have never been so high since deregulation.It's one thing buying a nice car because you want to but now you have to buy a newer motor because you have to.

The pensioned lads won't like paying 50% tax on their app/card earnings as cash work disappears.Already happening on the day shift.At least a couple of times a shift someone is at the rank looking for a driver who takes card.Interesting times ahead.Only a matter of time before it becomes compulsory.The twenty-somethings don't carry cash.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 11:05:13 am »
Agree there about the cashless thingy. However, there'll be plenty hoping there's an amnesty coming for back-dated payments....most of them won't be part-timers. The cashless society has plenty of surprises in store for everyone......anyone buying gargle or smokes in the shop...anyone who likes a flutter......anyone who likes Double Whoppers etc etc. We'll all have to become trans-human.......... C:-)

dalymount

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2019, 11:48:23 am »
Yis have only tourselves to blame for going. cashless..its like I always said the bastard radio companies sowed thar seed in the minds of people,in the same way those scumbags int, roduced discounts ALL AT YOUR EXPENSE.the one thing drivers keep forgetting is,if yoy dont operate these changes,and discounts,etc there is nothing the cunts can do about it

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2019, 11:55:45 am »
Daly the NTA can easily make it mandatory for us to accept cards.It's the number one complaint I get in the car.I like to go our for a few pints and loadsa younger folks don't bring any cash into the pub.They probably wouldn't be able to count their change if they had to.

The main problem we have is we have no good excuse for not accepting cards.Just saying we don't want to isn't acceptable anymore and just makes ot sound like we don't wanna pay any tax..The only thing worse than paying loadsa tax is listening to some taxi driver who doesn't pay very much whining about card payments.

dalymount

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2019, 01:43:51 pm »
Not only is your tax affected,but you are losing a fortune on lost tips as well.I dont accept your point about the NTA making it compulsory,the same way as I dont accept a need for dispatchers.if you have100% of drivers to accept cards,there is fukk all they can do about it. What are they goi g to do stop the whole industry from operating ? Dont forget in every situation regarding the taxi industry,WE hold all the aces our strength is our numbers,but taxi drivers seem to keel over at the first sign of trouble from the NTA

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2019, 02:12:45 pm »
I don't like the idea either but they could in theory not renew yer PSV or pass out yer heap if it doesn't have the required equipment to accept cords.If you have refused x amount of card jobs they could call ya in and confiscate yer PSV badge and yer rape whistle.

Or more likely in an effort to detect tax evasion and illegal Pakis sending money to ISIS Revenue might not renew yer tax clearance if you haven't signed up to accept cord payments.Many ways to go about it.

Ya could also make the argument that Hailo/mytaxi would not be as successful if we were all offering card facilities.I'm sure you've seen passengers using the app right beside the ranks. They're just people who wanna pay by card.

Show Unread Posts