Author Topic: 1 or 3 Billion  (Read 8721 times)

dalymount

Re: 1 or 3 Billion
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 03:13:14 pm »
Ok lets say all the drivers go with what I propose and refuse to operate card facilities.now lets say the NTA and revenue take the action you describe.result taxi industry gone over night.now do you think the public would accept that ? Not to mention the money the NTA  would loose.I think they would not be long recognizing their mistake.in every circumstances in this industry,the drivers hold all the aces,but unfortunately they dont seen to know that

john m

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 03:16:07 pm »
Cop your self to fuck on Dollymount .You controle fuck all you are licenced and if they say you need to accept credit cards or they want to read the meter thats exactly what will happen .We are waged slaves and every passenger owns you for the duration of the trip .

dalymount

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2019, 03:19:50 pm »
We are the many,not the few,and in such circumstances we should be calling the shots.this is a classic case of the tail wagging the dog.when will drivers learn that through our sheer numbers alone,we hold the ballance of power yet we willingly give that power away to less important operators in the industry like dispatchers unlike many parts of northern Ireland,there is no legal obligation on us to align to one of these companies,yet not only do we give up that right,but we allow these scumbags to treat us like employees when in gact we are THEIR employers

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2019, 05:23:22 pm »
Congrats on what lippy ?
A mate of mine took a great redundancy package from Eircom, together with his shares, and he was only a ganger
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2019, 06:13:09 pm »
No more big payoffs or pensions Paggo Vlad the Bugger just agreed to write a blank check for broadband add that to the Kids hospital then add in doctors and nurses wages to run the hospital.We will live to regret both these projects all to get a Gay Fucktard re elected .The most expensive hospital in the world and the most expensive broadband connections thats if people actually want to pay for a connection .

Offline Belker

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2019, 06:23:45 pm »
Cop your self to fuck on Dollymount .You controle fuck all you are licenced and if they say you need to accept credit cards or they want to read the meter thats exactly what will happen .We are waged slaves and every passenger owns you for the duration of the trip .
I gotta agree with John on this one Dalymount, granted we do hold the power but there is no unity in the Taxi industry, we are all sole traders. Maybe we might unite if a very serious problem like uber rears it's ugly head, but fer Mickey Mouse issues like CC facilities and county stickers, I and I'm guessing the majority of the fleet couldn't give a Fiddlers !
I take card payments all the time, no problem. The reason CC payments are not compulsory from the NTA is because some rural areas do not have internet access, so if you take a fare to Ballygobackwards with no internet access then you cannot process the payment, when the rural broadband plan is finished then most likely the NTA will make CC facilities in all cabs compulsory.

Offline Belker

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2019, 06:33:05 pm »
No more big payoffs or pensions Paggo Vlad the Bugger just agreed to write a blank check for broadband add that to the Kids hospital then add in doctors and nurses wages to run the hospital.We will live to regret both these projects all to get a Gay Fucktard re elected .The most expensive hospital in the world and the most expensive broadband connections thats if people actually want to pay for a connection .
I was kinda wondering about who was going to be paying the 3B bill, my broadband costs me a Euro a day, it's gonna take a whole heap of rural Euro's to make up the 3B !

john m

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2019, 06:58:41 pm »
its 5k just to bring it to the door but what % od homes will want a connection.The government have guarenteed the investors a return just like the investors in toll roads that nobody uses .By 2030 the basic tax rate in Ireland will increase to 30%. To counter environmental concerns you can expect an increase in duty .A lot of you were not around in the 70s when most people were paying 50% on earnings over £12000 .Any economist worth their Phd can see we are heading for bankrupcy and the next time banks fail just like Cypress the government will bail in your savings and private pensions .ERSI say Irish groath  next year will be 3.8% we need 4% just to stand still and pay our creditors .Then add in the UK leave the EU so we must pay more .

dalymount

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2019, 07:26:10 pm »
John I will NEVER  agree with you .I do agree with belker however,the only reason we dont call the shots,and make the rules is because there is no unity.im afraid my days in the industry are numbered becaise I will NEVER align myself with a dispatcher.,or offer cc  facilities

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2019, 07:55:35 pm »
With gender fluidity it won't be long before a bloke can be up the pole, I guess. An acquaintance of mine was employed by Telecom Eireann for years. He started when it was the P&T and Govt used the semi-states to occupy unemployable wasters and manipulate the economy through circulation of money. He never worked a day in his post apprenticeship life, all he had to do was collect a van of a Monday and return it when collecting his wages of a Friday. In his "spare" time he ran an antiques shop up above in Dublin. In fact, he got away with that routine right up until it was branded Eircom... then one day he was told he had to take a working job with Phonewatch or take the lump... he actually did both, worked for Phonewatch for a while and took the lump when the novelty wore off. It's a great little country!

dalymount

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2019, 08:14:09 pm »
Them days are long gone now rat,when I was there we were responsible for providing a line to the subscriber from the exchange to the house .very often there would be quite a lot of work in bwtween which  could involve  overhead work,or under ground work or both .then you  had to fiit the instrument in the customers premises.if it was a company you had even more work to do 

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2019, 08:24:29 pm »
The lad above was actually in a team of two men (coincidentally, the other drives a cab) that was never allocated any work. It actually fell apart for them when they returned the van one Friday and didn't get a payslip (and no money in the bank as was the routine at that time)... someone had changed something somewhere and the resulting enquiries led to some managerial cunt who gave a fuck asking what the fuck they do and calling them in with union reps for the ultimatum i.e. transfer to Phonewatch to work or take the lump. I remember passing his antiques shop once and he had the cones out behind the van to load/unload stock, that's all the van was used for!

Offline Belker

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2019, 09:09:17 pm »
John I will NEVER  agree with you .I do agree with belker however,the only reason we dont call the shots,and make the rules is because there is no unity.im afraid my days in the industry are numbered becaise I will NEVER align myself with a dispatcher.,or offer cc  facilities
Dispatcher problems I can see, you have your issues there DM and I respect them, but CC facilities ? Where is the problem there ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2019, 09:18:35 pm »
Folk had no problem handing over used notes until Hail0/mytaxi came along. We are and should remain to be entitled to legal tender.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2019, 10:00:37 pm »
Folk had no problem handing over used notes until Hail0/mytaxi came along. We are and should remain to be entitled to legal tender.
You're forgetting all the account jobs ropey cab  companies had.
You could write anything on the docket because in the main the tax  payer footed the bill, and the passenger cared not a jot.

Show Unread Posts