Author Topic: BEWARE OF MORE SHIT  (Read 2570 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: BEWARE OF MORE SHIT
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 10:26:13 am »
I've done me research into the Leaf and reckon it would fit my needs doing 20k a year ,even though I don't like gambling on keeping the battery that long.Some could say the diesel engine was the answer to the question nobody asked.The public feel duped and betrayed over emissions scandal and don't believe anything that the likes if VW say. Diesel owners are gonna keep getting targeted while VW and co tool up to change direction.

VW have a mass-produced leccy car coming out next year, same size as a Golf.As soon as they build enough of them and start offering more hybrids they'll stop making the diesel.It won't be long before you can't buy your preferred model in a diesel version. Don't forget all this autonomy bollox that they're investing billions in depends on the cars being electric.

The only hope for the diesel taxi might be the amount of diesel wheelies getting plated up.They won't legislate against them if it means there will be a smaller wheelie fleet.The NTA have no problem giving folks cancer as long as a handful of people in wheelchairs can get home from the pub.A bit weird isn't it.

john m

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 11:35:09 am »
Merc I see a HUGE ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER on the horizon .How do we dispose of all the old batteries .At the moment it is such a problem that they are asking you to return your Ever Readyies for proper disposal .What will the financial cost of disposal be to the driver at end of service .

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 11:59:10 am »
They can be repurposed for home battery banks that collect power from solar/wind panels to use off-peak.But more likely they'll be bought, broken up and used to rebuild other leccy cars that might be broken.When a big battery fails it's usually just one section that's only a fraction of the whole battery.Be like throwing out yer 6 pack because one can is empty in it...

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 12:25:23 pm »
Recon of batteries is a option but it is very labour intensive.Did a bit of it in Grant Row.  Yonks ago .Very corrosive ..so nowdays would use a robot to do it....
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 12:32:45 pm »
Dunno about old batteries but the pack in my Prius and the ones in the Leccy cars are assembled like fancy Lego.You don't even get yer hands dirty.When you buy reconditioned packs it,s usually just good packs made up of the good bits of failed packs that are balanced and charged and sent back out on the road.

Offline watty

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 05:31:14 pm »
Merc I see a HUGE ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER on the horizon .How do we dispose of all the old batteries .At the moment it is such a problem that they are asking you to return your Ever Readyies for proper disposal .What will the financial cost of disposal be to the driver at end of service .
The other question to ask is where do they get the ingredients for the batteries in the first place.  That's very bad environmentally.  And they're running out of the ingredients as well!

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2019, 06:27:05 pm »
John, I hope that you have given consideration to the fact that the sun is now in the second half of it's life and will burn out in less than 5 billion years. It's another serious problem that you need to add to your list of things to worry about
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2019, 08:40:16 pm »
The big problem is the supermagnets that drive EVs the rare earths that they need to make them come fromChina .If Americas Orange man keeps annoying Chinas Yellow Man EV will be so expensive they will be unaffordable .

Show Unread Posts