Author Topic: what in God's name are you on about  (Read 3269 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: what in God's name are you on about
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 08:39:39 am »
Yer man makes some valid points, many of us became glorified expensive hacks or maybe budget limos..

But just like the driver Ambassador program customers are beginning to realise that they're being ranked against other customers by how much they spend and what account type the have and may not be always be favoured by the algorithms when they need a taxi.Having a computer program rather than a human decide if yer a bollix or not probably bothers more people than it should.

Offline Belker

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 08:51:38 am »
Same old story .drivers are in charge,but dont want to be.they wuld rather be told what to do then work on their own initiative.ii really do wonder at times why most of them left the PAYE sector
We are all different DM, in your part of Dooblin seemingly there is plenty of street work and you don't need a dispatcher or an App. In my city 'Cork', things are different, the streets are Dry the vast majority of the time and the ranks are full, so I do need an App to make my weekly wages. I wish I was as fortunate as you to be able to live off the Street's alone, but that is not the case in Cork or more or less anywhere else, you should be Thanking your Lucky Stars fer getting such a lucrative area to work in.

dalymount

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 09:50:44 am »
Do you not get what im saying Ken ? The reason the streets are dry ,and the ranks are full ,is because most of the drivers are aligned.obviously if drivers were NOT aligned,then the work would return to the streets in bucket loads.no more commision,and a level playing field for all

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 05:10:50 pm »
The substance of the article is pretty accurate, I guess. Drivers are paying up to four times the freight charged by Irish dispatch firms. The firm certainly promotes part-time operation with part-timers being heavily subsidised by their full-time colleagues/competitors and it promotes muliticulturisation being open to drivers of all nationalities. Obviously whether those policies are good or bad for the trade is subjective. As far as riders are concerned most dispatch firms charge no contact fees on corporate accounts. Traditionally, many charged interest as well. mytaxi was, notably, the last dispatch firm to abolish discounts introduced during the last recession.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 10:34:30 pm »
how come mytaxi isn't used in smaller towns?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 10:39:57 pm »
no internet signal yay

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 11:53:40 pm »
well thats not the reason.

Offline Belker

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 11:54:16 pm »
It caught on quickly and by 2014 it was boasting a nationwide presence (It was Not nationwide in Eire in 2014 and is still not Nationwide to this day) and claiming that Ireland was the first country in which it had reached this milestone.

Offline Belker

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 11:58:42 pm »
Because they couldn't be arsed pricking about fer Mickey Mouse fares !

Show Unread Posts