Author Topic: Taxi Regulator  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Taxi Regulator
« on: May 16, 2019, 05:34:10 pm »
Was dropping my chungfella down to a venue that he was playing in ladt night to collect his guitar...pulled in on part of the rank that's rarely used(not on the street where the main rank is) to wait for him to run across the road to the venue....knock on my passenger window....he didn't introduce himself by name but flashed a badge and said taxi regulator....explained i wasn't working(was in workwear and a manky t-shirt),he said the traffic wardens were on the rounds,there were a couple of private cars parked behind me and he was having words with the drivers,he said he'd give me five minutes......i was gone a couple of minutes later...but it got me thinking what powers has he to do anything about the private cars given there was no warden or Garda with him,he probably could have done me for plying for hire as i don't have an LH licence

Offline taxi1990

Re: Taxi Regulator
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 10:32:21 pm »
if your roof sign light wasn't on, it would be hard for him to prove you were plying for hire.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:40:21 pm »
if your roof sign light wasn't on, it would be hard for him to prove you were plying for hire.
he was on a rank

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 10:58:17 pm »
i see taxis from dublin park in my local rank in west if ireland during the days sometimes, no one passes any heed on them, we know they arent plying for hire, just parked there for a few minutes before heading off again.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 09:57:48 am »
If I was a private driver I'd have told him to Fcuk off as he has no control over private vehicle's
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Tony

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 11:08:37 am »
Them fuckwits think they are still in the force, if you'd no rooflight or meter on I'd just tell him to fuck off away from me car, your insured for social and domestic purpose so FUCK Off...
Inanyways why didn't ya bring him down in shitty brown?
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 11:15:06 am »
Them fuckwits think they are still in the force, if you'd no rooflight or meter on I'd just tell him to fuck off away from me car, your insured for social and domestic purpose so FUCK Off...
Inanyways why didn't ya bring him down in shitty brown?

Had it parked up in front of me joe....i was over in the UK for a roadtrip the weekend so it was resting.

I was parked in the rank albeit around the corner but had i been in the Citroen i would have told him to sling his proverbials.

Online silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 05:42:13 pm »
Was dropping my chungfella down to a venue that he was playing in ladt night to collect his guitar...pulled in on part of the rank that's rarely used(not on the street where the main rank is) to wait for him to run across the road to the venue....knock on my passenger window....he didn't introduce himself by name but flashed a badge and said taxi regulator....explained i wasn't working(was in workwear and a manky t-shirt),he said the traffic wardens were on the rounds,there were a couple of private cars parked behind me and he was having words with the drivers,he said he'd give me five minutes......i was gone a couple of minutes later...but it got me thinking what powers has he to do anything about the private cars given there was no warden or Garda with him,he probably could have done me for plying for hire as i don't have an LH licence
If your roof sign was on the vehicle you are deemed to be Plying for hire.
Anyhoo, just forget it happened.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 08:40:41 pm »
Would think taxi sign has to be in the boot for private use
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Online silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 11:12:30 pm »
Would think taxi sign has to be in the boot for private use
Exactly.
Or you're allowed turn the sign length ways if engaged long distance.
Haven't seen a Taxi Regulator in 15 years, but then again I work nights! 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 06:05:56 pm »
You can accept a private hire anywhere. That's how all the country drivers flood the cities to work for mytaxi.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 08:51:16 am »
You can accept a private hire anywhere. That's how all the country drivers flood the cities to work for mytaxi.
I taught the County sticker on your sign was were you were legally entitled to pick up off the street ?

Offline Tony

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 09:27:24 am »
I taught the County sticker on your sign was were you were legally entitled to pick up off the street ?

Picking up off the street and accepting a private hire are two different things things.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 09:31:58 am »

Picking up off the street and accepting a private hire are two different things things.
Understood Tony, so with MYT we can pick up anywhere in the cntry

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 09:34:46 am »
Technically an e hail is the same as a pre-book job.Thats how Uber hacks in London were running rings around the black cabs.It might only be booked two minutes bit it's still booked.

Show Unread Posts