Author Topic: It's all our fault!!  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: It's all our fault!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:52:16 am »
Fukking repost.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 10:57:50 am »
Soz.....i did a quick check before posting and saw nuttin....anyways you should be working!!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:59:29 am »
Only messing the mods will delete the least offensive one..I've gotten fond of the oil 2pm to 7pm shift.Sometimes I go home at 5..

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 03:41:02 pm »
Hate the fookin kip,can't wait to get out of it as soon as i drop off.Tosswads in yellow bibs everywhere eyeballin you and wanna be Garda giving you the get the fuck out of my patch...I would prefer to watch the Jeremy kyle show on loop  than Que up and pick someone up..

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 03:52:18 pm »
Hate the fookin kip,can't wait to get out of it as soon as i drop off.Tosswads in yellow bibs everywhere eyeballin you and wanna be Garda giving you the get the fuck out of my patch...I would prefer to watch the Jeremy kyle show on loop  than Que up and pick someone up..
I'd be the same Mark, no interest in joining a load of Taxi Drivers like a scene out of Oliver waiting on hand-outs
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 04:18:18 pm »
It's 4.15 on a wet Friday.Theres work everywhere,and there are 59 guys sitting in the mytaxi virtual airport rank.Why?

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 04:25:12 pm »
I've driven into the Airport and the kesh would have less than ten cars(empty)and the Virtual rank still has 50 plus drivers on it.Maybe it's because Mytaxi isn't as popular with tourists.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 04:28:27 pm »
A spokesperson for the DAA (formerly the Dublin Airport Authority) said that while the airport tries to ensure a solid flow of drivers and the option of card payments, it is difficult to enforce as drivers are self employed.

"... a comprehensive stakeholder review of the taxi service at Dublin Airport will be taking place soon."

Obviously it'd be a lot easier if they all worked for one firm that could enforce rules of operation. mytaxi seems to have a good relationship with DAA these days with it's drivers paying a large fortune in parking fees and arrivals terminals plastered with advertisements for the firm.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 04:29:34 pm »
A spokesperson for the DAA (formerly the Dublin Airport Authority) said that while the airport tries to ensure a solid flow of drivers and the option of card payments, it is difficult to enforce as drivers are self employed.

"... a comprehensive stakeholder review of the taxi service at Dublin Airport will be taking place soon."

Obviously it'd be a lot easier if they all worked for one firm that could enforce rules of operation. mytaxi seems to have a good relationship with DAA these days with it's drivers paying a large fortune in parking fees and arrivals terminals plastered with advertisements for the firm.
Any feedback from the Keshies on this ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 04:32:33 pm »
The DAA could open a mytaxi hospitality account!

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 04:37:07 pm »
The Keshies are the only ones who seem to be united in the fleet.If anyone is going to block up the airport it will be them.I'd say the DAA would love to bring in Mytaxi but worry about upsetting the lads.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 04:38:55 pm »
Indeed it could, VD. Give DAA €1.50 per job and charge drivers €2 extra commission... and guarantee service with credit card facilities. Drivers would behave a lot better than the current villains licensed by DAA because they would know they would be sacked if they didn't do as they're told.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 04:55:07 pm »
I do a fair few airport virtual rank jobs,and quite often ask if the customer used to use the rank.The number of people who say they will never go back is huge.

Offline watty

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 05:10:49 pm »
Dublin Airport said a shortage of taxis overall in the city may be responsible for longer waiting times at the airport.
So it's nothing to do with the fact that the airport is a closed shop for taxis.  DAA limit the numbers of taxis, not taxi drivers themselves.

The vast, vast majority of taxis dropping off at the airport drive away empty because that's the law/by-law set down by the airport themselves.

Show Unread Posts