Author Topic: It's all our fault!!  (Read 2794 times)

Offline markmiwurdz

Re: It's all our fault!!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 07:18:48 pm »

The vast, vast majority of taxis dropping off at the airport drive away empty because that's the law/by-law set down by the airport themselves.

The biggest elephant that ever fitted into a room.

Offline watty

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 07:52:05 pm »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/car-hire-firm-claims-dublin-airport-authority-trying-to-put-it-out-of-business-925085.html

Meanwhile, the airport is being sued by a car hire company.  It's all allegations at this stage... nothing proven

The company alleges that the airport is trying to put them out of business by (a) not letting them pick up passengers at the airport, (b) won't let them use the public car park to collect passengers, (c) the airport cops sit outside their base giving them the stares  ;D and (d) they've been threatening taxis/hacks not to help the company.

Nonsense says the airport!  They just don't have a permit to work the airport.

Offline Charmschooldropout

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 11:51:40 pm »
Dublin Airport said a shortage of taxis overall in the city may be responsible for longer waiting times at the airport.
So it's nothing to do with the fact that the airport is a closed shop for taxis.  DAA limit the numbers of taxis, not taxi drivers themselves.

The vast, vast majority of taxis dropping off at the airport drive away empty because that's the law/by-law set down by the airport themselves.

Exactly-joke of a system. Why don't they let ordinary drivers pick up when it's busy and Keshies can't cope. DAA don't want to kiss the Keshie reg fee moolah bye bye-they obviously don't give a monkeys about their passengers. Some of the queues I've seen up there would make you cry

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 01:15:05 am »
Hopefully, Easirent win, it's absurd to try to stop anyone from collecting people by arrangement and appointment at DAP.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm »
Dublin Airport said a shortage of taxis overall in the city may be responsible for longer waiting times at the airport.
So it's nothing to do with the fact that the airport is a closed shop for taxis.  DAA limit the numbers of taxis, not taxi drivers themselves.

Exactly-joke of a system. Why don't they let ordinary drivers pick up when it's busy and Keshies can't cope. DAA don't want to kiss the Keshie reg fee moolah bye bye-they obviously don't give a monkeys about their passengers. Some of the queues I've seen up there would make you cry

The thing is Charms...they do....when it absolutely mental with delayed flight..especially in the early hours of the morning...the security guards seem to conspicuous by their absence....i did regale a story from many moons ago about two DAA employees that had been sent in the pissins of rain down to the main road to get street cars up to both terminals....the queues on both ranks were unbelievable, families with small kids...i worked it for about two hours that night....i've seen it happen a few times since and have taken advantage,
As far as that Mytaxi virtual rank goes,the boys..and girls can join it....50 less...in some cases is the way i see it.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 02:36:12 pm »
They do open it up to all drivers when it suits them. When I used to work for C2K I often worked right through a Saturday night/Sunday morning covering many airport jobs. It wasn't uncommon for a security man to approach me as I dropped at departures and ask me to pick up from the rank. Naturally I refused, pointing out that they chose to operate a closed shop and must therefore suffer the consequences. Unfortunately, there's plenty of half starved (immigrant) hungry cunts with zero self-respect who are happy to jump at their suggestion/command.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 02:40:52 pm »
It wasn't uncommon for a security man to approach me as I dropped at departures and ask me to pick up from the rank. Naturally I refused, pointing out that they chose to operate a closed shop and must therefore suffer the consequences. Unfortunately, there's plenty of half starved (immigrant) hungry cunts with zero self-respect who are happy to jump at their suggestion/command.

It with be to my own disadvantage but I'do and do the same until this is sorted.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 03:31:52 pm »
Do your pick up from the coach park.
All seamless and no €1.50 kickback to Aer Rianta.

Show Unread Posts