Author Topic: would you buy a new diesel?  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: would you buy a new diesel?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 07:40:16 pm »
If ya wanted to visit yisser Granny in Kerry ..them Electo cars would be feck all use

The Healy Raes would pick you up and bring you the rest of the way...for a price of course!!

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 11:51:47 pm »
BUT... seriously..   Electric has a long way to go and the price in Ireland will be high for a new car.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 01:49:13 am »
It's just another version of Enda Kennys 5 point plan.....yeah..i've forgotten aswell!!

Offline Mooretaxi

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 02:30:03 am »
Ye can blame all the arseholes that voted for the Green Party in defiance of who they would normally have voted for. If the established party’s had performed as the voters expected then they were sure of the vote this time around but unfortunately the establishment fucked up so that let the environmentalists in , god help us

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 03:01:23 am »
Ah,people have short memories....only a short 10 yrs ago the economy was goin tits up.....with the Greens at the helm...well they were tasked with rearranging the deckchairs....they couldn't even be trusted with that ffs.....as long as they don't get the seats at the next general election.

john m

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 08:51:37 am »
The Sodomite Prince has told the Brits to fuck off but we import a lot of electricity from Britain so part of the Fuck Off will mean tarriffs on imports like Electricity then he wants to build Data Centeres that use more electricity than Galway City .Another great idea to fuel the country with electricity wee dont have or dont have the capacity to generate .

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 09:15:30 pm »
If they want 1 million Electric cars on the road by 2030 that means that every car sold between now and then would have to be a electric as we currently sell 120,000 cars a year.

Electric cars aren’t all the “GREEN” that people think, there’s the mining of the minerals and materials for the vehicles and then there’s the creating of the electricity to charge them.
Now if every car was to be electric by 2030 they need to upgrade the electricity supply network in Ireland as the current network wouldn’t cope with all the extra demand and also there would have to be charging points every 50 meters in cities and town and then every 50 kms outside cities and towns.

Offline C5

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 10:18:37 am »
I will buy one no problem, even if the fuel price goes up 50c or 80c. Because they are getting more efficient every generation. an ev car wouldn't last the miles I throw up 40k to 60k per year sure the guarantee for some is 200,000k or eight years which ever comes first. At least if your engine blows you can rebuilt or get a second hand one for a grand or two.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 10:36:47 am »
I will buy one no problem, even if the fuel price goes up 50c or 80c. Because they are getting more efficient every generation. an ev car wouldn't last the miles I throw up 40k to 60k per year sure the guarantee for some is 200,000k or eight years which ever comes first. At least if your engine blows you can rebuilt or get a second hand one for a grand or two.
Check the small print, possibly us Taxi scum might be excluded from the warranties !!
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 10:46:04 am »
Check the small print, possibly us Taxi scum might be excluded from the warranties !!

They can't do that.....but as a taxi it'll reach the warranty kilometerage a lot quicker and if something does go wrong you'll be at the mercy of the dealer!

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 11:05:52 am »

They can't do that.....but as a taxi it'll reach the warranty kilometerage a lot quicker and if something does go wrong you'll be at the mercy of the dealer!
Hal, not so sure, we are either covered under the warranty conditions or not, I don't believe the dealer has a say
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 11:15:06 am »
Of course it'll be covered under warranty regardless,i'm just saying as a taxi it'll reach the warranty mileage a lot quicker than a privately owned EV,if something goes wrong when it's out of warranty you'll probably need to bring it back to them to sort it out.

Offline C5

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 11:29:58 am »
The evs are not fit for industrial use ie, taxis. Ya here the stories of high mileage teslas but then in the middle of that story they said they had to change out a motor or battery pack maybe, door handles or the screen thing on the dash because the LCD gel started to leak out. Or water was getting in. And its months and months of waiting for repairs. A guy in the states has a model 3, he reversed it into his garage he caught the left side of it broke the rear light misaligned the bumper but the way it was constructed one part connected to another its going to cost over 12,000 dollars. It happened to me a few years back in me C5 down a dead road in the evening in winter pure dark tried to turn I hit a skip right light cluster smashed the bumper broke a clip. Got a second hand light cluster and sorted the clip myself all for €65.

Show Unread Posts