Author Topic: Adults Killing Kids  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Adults Killing Kids
« on: July 06, 2019, 02:29:30 pm »
https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0706/1060508-cork-murder-girl/

Murder investigation launched into death of two-year-old girl
Updated / Saturday, 6 Jul 2019 13:09

Gardaí have launched a murder investigation into the death of a two-year-old girl in Cork.

The child was found with serious injuries in an apartment at the Elderwood Apartment complex on the Boreenmanna Road in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Her death was being treated as suspicious by gardaí.

The alarm had been raised at around 5.20am yesterday, and she was taken to Cork University Hospital with serious head injuries, but died later on in the morning.

Gardaí have this morning commenced a murder investigation following the completion of a post-mortem examination.

Door-to-door enquiries resumed as investigating gardaí try to piece together the circumstances which led to the girl's murder.

Two crime scenes remain cordoned off and it could be tomorrow before the forensic investigation is complete.

Gardáí have also appealed for anyone who was in the Elderwood Apartment complex between 4pm on Thursday 4 July and 6am yesterday to come forward.

They have asked anyone with information to contact them at Anglesea Street Station on 021 452 2000.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Adults Killing Kids
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 02:32:30 pm »
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/my-daughter-5-found-loaded-gun-and-tried-to-pick-it-up-but-it-was-too-heavy-says-father-38287196.html

Sorcha O'Connor
July 6 2019 2:30 AM

The father of a five-year-old girl who found a loaded gun while playing with friends has told of his shock at the grim discovery.

Modestas Gilys (38) said that his daughter tried to pick up the Glock on Thursday afternoon - but luckily the gun was too heavy for her to hold.

Mr Gilys said his son (7) ran into the house to alert him of the firearm, which is suspected locally of having been flung over the railings on to the green area in the Castlecurragh Park estate, Mulhuddart, Dublin, from a moving car being chased by gardaí.

The father of three said while his children still played with their friends outside yesterday, his son had been protective of his little sister and the young boy had lost sleep worrying about the incident.

"I was at home and the kids were playing over by the hill," he said.

"My five-year-old found it and she told her brother. He ran home to me and told me what they had found.

"He said, 'We've found a real gun'. At first, I thought maybe he's joking, but I said we'd go together and see.

"My daughter had tried to pick it up, but it was too heavy for her to carry and then my son came over to tell me it's a real gun."

Mr Gilys was grateful that things had not turned out worse for his children. He said the area had always been quiet but in recent times it was growing less safe for families.

"This region in the last five years was very quiet but in the last eight months it is not quiet and not safe for kids.

"They still played today, but my son was a little strange. He didn't sleep and wanted to stay with his sister.

"This morning, I explained to him you just never know what can happen or what you might find. It was a big shock."

Gardaí in Blanchardstown are investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the firearm.

The Dublin 15 area has been hit by a number of incidents of late, with the gun discovery in Mulhuddart the second incident in seven days.

Last weekend, a man was shot a number of times in nearby Castlecurragh Heath, just yards from where the handgun was found.

Another local, a mother of two, also revealed how frightening the gun discovery was for her. "When we bought this house two years ago I always felt safe," she said.

Local councillors have also spoken out against the incident, saying children should be able to play safely outside their homes.

Sinn Féin councillor Breda Hanaphy said it was the "worst-case scenario".

"Locals are wondering if it is safe for their children to go out to play," she said.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 02:38:04 pm »
Another Child found with suspicious injuries in a flat in Rush... when those Eastern European mammies say they're gonna kill you they mean it.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/rush-dublin-incident-girl-injured-17476615

Parents 'at bedside' of seriously injured girl, 9, in hospital after incident at home in Rush, Co Dublin

The child is receiving treatment at Temple Street Children's Hospital

ByWilliam Dunne Digital Journalist
11:49, 5 JUL 2019

The parents of a seriously injured nine-year-old girl kept a bedside vigil beside their daughter on Thursday night, it has been reported.

The child is receiving treatment at Temple Street Hospital after an "incident" at a home in Dublin on Tuesday night.

Gardai on Friday morning could not specify to the Irish Mirror what had happened to the girl.

But a spokeswoman previously said that all circumstances surrounding the "incident" are being investigated.

Emergency services rushed to the scene in Rush, north Co Dublin at around 10pm on Tuesday.

Gardai outside an apartment block on Sandy Road, Rush in North County Dublin, from where a child was taken to Temple Street Children's Hospital (Image: Collins)

Gardai attended the scene on Sandy Road after being alerted by emergency services.

Forensic investigators were pictured carrying out an examination at the apartment on Wednesday.

And the parents are believed to have been at her bedside in hospital on Thursday night, the Independent reports.

One witness reportedly saw the girl being carried out of the home on a stretcher before being accompanied in the ambulance by her father.

He told the newspaper: "It was such a sad and worrying sight when I saw the paramedics take her out of the apartment.

"It was very hard to see what was going on with all the commotion, but I did recognise the girl's father walking into the ambulance with her.

"I have no idea what happened, but I just pray she makes a full recovery."

A spokeswoman previously told the Irish Mirror: "Gardaí were called by Emergency Services to an incident at a house in Sandy Lane, Rush at approximately 10.20pm on 2nd July 2019.

"A female child is currently receiving medical treatment in Temple Street Childrens Hospital.

"Gardaí are continuing to investigate all the circumstances of this incident. There is no further information at this time."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 02:41:42 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 09:45:15 am »
Shocking stuff

john m

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 10:42:50 am »
Sort of related .Two girl local to me committed suicide this week .One left a note saying she could not cope and was afraid to tell anybody because she believed that the HSE would take her children .Facebook ,Forums are not helping with false news and other crap .Mental health is so important you need to MIND YOUR MIND .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 12:33:49 pm »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/woman-20-charged-with-manslaughter-of-baby-girl-in-waterford-981201.html

Woman, 20, charged with manslaughter of baby girl in Waterford

By Digital Desk staff
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 08:48 PM

A 20-year-old woman has been charged with manslaughter in relation to the death of a newborn girl in Waterford two years ago.

Caitlin Corcoran was arrested yesterday and brought to Waterford Garda Station.

She has since been charged at Waterford District Court.

She faces two charges of manslaughter and neglect relating to the death of baby Sophie Elizabeth Corcoran whose remains were found at offices on the Cork Road in April 2018.

Ms Corcoran, with an address at Apartment 17, Block A, Suir Road, was remanded on bail to March 10.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 09:13:27 am »
Sort of related .Two girl local to me committed suicide this week .One left a note saying she could not cope and was afraid to tell anybody because she believed that the HSE would take her children .Facebook ,Forums are not helping with false news and other crap .Mental health is so important you need to MIND YOUR MIND .

Predictive Programming run by Facebook and Google. Mott was wondering while back why she kept getting bombarded by pop-up ads for Jewellery.........pointed out her phone tracks her when she has it on her person unless she disables it or turns it off...she had stopped outside 3 jewellers on Grafton St and The Green...logarithms and algorithms. Mental health issues are a smokescreen to get everyone on meds, John...you can't resist wneh you're doped up and chemically lobotomised. Exercise might serve them better........spending a wasted life on Facebook and Instagram will consign the toughest to Shutter Island.

Show Unread Posts