Author Topic: Treasure hunting  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Treasure hunting
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 09:41:59 pm »
Anyhoo its returned 50 is a good lump if you only have a pension .

Which you'll know about soon enough!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 10:57:31 pm »
Went to first house down the dip woman said it wasent hers but i didnt know where her mate lived as i just dropped he at the corner so we rang her and got no answer .i got a call back later and it was her purse .I found the second possible they were not home so I left a note .Anyhoo its returned 50 is a good lump if you only have a pension .
Good man.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 01:40:13 am »
Probably would have had 50 on the meter just returning it!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 07:08:32 am »
Good man John M   ::cheers

I had a similar one the Christmas before last;

Sent: 21 December 2017 07:55
To: Cork County Library
Subject: Lost property.

My name is Ken Cashman, I am a night time taxi driver, my Taxi badge number is Lxxxx.

Last night a customer of mine left his wallet in my cab, in the wallet there was a library card and also a HSE card which gave his age at 74.

His name was Dxxx Sxxx and I dropped him off in the Uam Var estate in Bishopstown, I think it was Uam Var Grove but I don't remember the exact location or house number.

I handed in his wallet to Anglesea street garda station as is protocol for taxi drivers to do, but Mr Sxxx may not know where to check if his belongings were handed in. If you have him on file then you might be so good as to ring him if ye have his phone number or send him a letter if not telling him where his wallet is.

Thank you, Ken Cashman.

Sent: 21 December 2017 09:07
To: ken cashman
Subject: RE: Lost property.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for letting us know. I have called him but so far he's not picking up. I will keep trying though.

Enjoy your Christmas.

Máxxx.

Thank you Máxxx,

It was very late last night that I completed the fare (2am) so he might not be up yet.

There was also some cash in the wallet and I wouldn't like to see the man short during the festive season.

Thank you very much for your time,

Best wishes and a Merry Christmas to you too.

Ken Cashman.

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 07:14:37 am »
its returned .
Strangely enough there was exactly a Nifty note in the wallet I returned as well.
Do ya think the wallet/purse might be 'Chipped' and they are testing us ?

dalymount

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2019, 07:45:58 am »
Not a chance.how would you know the next cistomer in the car didnt find it and keep it

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 12:49:27 pm »
its returned .
Strangely enough there was exactly a Nifty note in the wallet I returned as well.
Do ya think the wallet/purse might be 'Chipped' and they are testing us ?

Or a Jeremy Beadle jumpin out of a bin and catchin ye red handed!!

john m

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 12:58:25 pm »
The bit I dislike is when you return money and the person counts it .Two different events I picked up 950 in 50s at Heuston and ran up the platform after the fella who dropped it ,he counted it and then said thanks ,did he think I might take some and not the lot .But the worst was I was an apprentice and working in the workshop when I smelt smoke .A house beside the job was on fire I knocked on the door got no answer so was just about to break the window when the Old Cunt that lived there opened the door he had fallen asleep drunk smoking and set fire to his bed .I put out the fire and that night his son called into my boss and asked for my address as his old man could not find his pension book .My boss man told him to go fuck himself .I should of let the old bollox burn to death .

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 02:02:43 pm »
I found a wallet in the car once.I drove out to kiltipper to return it. The prick didnt even have the courtesy to come down the stairs to say thanks,he sent his mate down instead.it would really put off giving anything back

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2019, 02:25:10 pm »
I found a wallet in the car once.I drove out to kiltipper to return it. The prick didnt even have the courtesy to come down the stairs to say thanks,he sent his mate down instead.it would really put off giving anything back

You're not wrong Dalyer....returned a decent phone to an oul wan on Dromawling Rd in Beaumont a good while back....sent her barely walking rugrat to open the door to take it off me.....in hindsight!!!

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 05:54:03 pm »
Dropped a phone into a gaf  by arrangement where I had earlier picked up an Aer Lingus Air Hostess.I only noticed the phone a few hours later.Never even got a thank you text (She had my number) ::fds

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2019, 06:23:23 pm »
But we're a shower of cunts by all accounts!!

dalymount

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2019, 06:38:06 pm »
I think its fair to say that a lot of punters look down their noses at taxi drivers.some of them dont even think we are worthy of their time.we dont help ourselves either thoughway.I have seen posters on here let the side down by making comments like thats why we're taxi drivers and similar comments.infact there are drivers on here who could converse with the best of these cunts.people like the erm,the rat,belker,etc etc could hold their own in any company,and be more articulate then most of them.there are many many more posters on here who are equally well versed I just cannot think of all the names now.dont think less of yourselves lads,your all better then most of them.not only that,but you are all genuine people as well

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 01:06:51 am »
Thanks DM, I fer one will take the compliment.   ::cheers

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 01:16:14 am »
Thanks DM, I fer one will take the compliment.   ::cheers

And no better sham!!

Show Unread Posts