Author Topic: Brexit taxi  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Brexit taxi
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 12:31:51 am »
I think mytaxi is lying low on the mainland. I was over in London at the weekend and there were no billboards, no bus stop ads, no ads on the tube, no ads in the Evening Standard... maybe they're hoping cabbies will forget how they were stitched up by Hail0/mytaxi when they start advertising Free Now?

john m

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 12:46:13 am »
I think mytaxi is lying low on the mainland. I was over in London at the weekend and there were no billboards, no bus stop ads, no ads on the tube, no ads in the Evening Standard... maybe they're hoping cabbies will forget how they were stitched up by Hail0/mytaxi when they start advertising Free Now?

Think there might be Data protection issues If Boris the boffoon crashes out .Why spend coin just wait tillhalloween .

john m

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 10:07:18 am »
The reason I asked about the apps is if the EU want to put the boot in on the Brit idea of a digitised customs arrangement the fact that the brits are outside the Data Protection act will be used to scupper that idea .With only 25 working days left till Brexit as the Brir Dail goes on the Summer holidays Thursday. Its going to start to get dirty real quick .

john m

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 10:30:14 am »
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE ..Some of Ireland’s best known heritage sites – such as Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin Castle and Muckross House – have been ordered to remove visitor books due to concerns they breach EU privacy and data protection rules.

The Office of Public Works (OPW) believes the books, in which visitors leave brief remarks along with their names and in some cases addresses, leave the State open to breaching the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

dalymount

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019, 11:36:27 am »
John
Do you accept that the only trump card the right wing conservatives have is the threat of no deal.this would be equally as bad for the EU,as it would be for Britian.for that reason,I just cannot understand why there is a conspiracy among british politicians to take no deal off the table ?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 11:37:43 am »
The Brits funded Hitler's campaign in 1930, Dalyer.............you need to see this for what it is..........a big grab-all coup.

dalymount

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 11:53:43 am »
Lippy I have tunnel vision on brexit.I dont care what the implications of it are,I just want to see brexit happen.I want this to be the beginning of the end for this shower of unelected bureaucrats who have taken the sovereignty and national identity of our country.if it happens,I will actually drink a pint of Guinness in celebration of Boris,and Nigel

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 11:59:30 am »
Lippy I have tunnel vision on brexit.I dont care what the implications of it are,I just want to see brexit happen.I want this to be the beginning of the end for this shower of unelected bureaucrats who have taken the sovereignty and national identity of our country.if it happens,I will actually drink a pint of Guinness in celebration of Boris,and Nigel

Don't do that...........as a fellow tee-totaller and non-Nigerian.........don't do that........anyways, more chance of John M winning the over 50's jig n reel in the Fleadh Cheoil in Drogheda soon.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2019, 12:08:14 pm »

Don't do that...........as a fellow tee-totaller and non-Nigerian.........don't do that........anyways, more chance of John M winning the over 50's jig n reel in the Fleadh Cheoil in Drogheda soon.

I'll be there to support him!!

dalymount

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2019, 12:14:17 pm »
Ill actually be going to Drogheda for it as it happens

dalymount

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 12:16:30 pm »
Boris just announced as leader

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2019, 12:18:50 pm »
Boris just announced as leader

He's from Turkey, Dalyer............Brexit is a farce............can that never stops getting kicked down the road.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2019, 12:28:05 pm »
Ill actually be going to Drogheda for it as it happens

Meet up and watch ermy jigging n reelin...and a few cans on the street!! lol

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 01:19:33 pm »
Think there might be Data protection issues If Boris the boffoon crashes out .Why spend coin just wait tillhalloween .

I doubt it... hardly insurmountable in any event. I think trying to fool the cabbies twice is the issue in London. Walking around Oxford Street and Hyde Park on Saturday afternoon I didn't see one black cab advertising Free Now FOC. I spotted one with a mytaxi logo on the door (and scab mostly removed from the boot) around Kings Cross on Thursday and that was the extent of their brand visibility.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 01:20:50 pm »
You're a brave man....Hyde Park?

Show Unread Posts