Author Topic: Brexit taxi  (Read 3563 times)

john m

Brexit taxi
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:14:41 am »
Just a thought if Brexit happens how will UBER and MEtaxi deal with it .British App users will not be allowed to use their app in mainland europe as the UK will not be part of the European Data chain as they will be outside EU law .How will the apps make sure these users cannot use their apps in the EU as allowing them to be used would contravine the European Data Protection Act .Same will apply to online betting the likes of Paddy Power will have to deal with UK gamblers seperatly from other Europeans and what about Betfair how do you seperate the data from EU gamblers to protect it from the UK authorities and vice versa .Also if we are insured by British Registered Insurers how will they generate a quote as they will not be allowed access to our personal Data .This NO DEAL SHIT could get really messy .When you see the consequences of a Crash out Brexit the Brits would be insane to go for it ........GO ON GO ON GO ON GOONS

john m

Re: Brexit taxi
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:38:22 am »
https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rules-business-and-organisations/dealing-citizens/are-there-restrictions-use-automated-decision-making_en  .Interesting bit of law  are metaxi actually allowed to allocate jobs based on Gold ,Silver,Bronze or ambassador ranking .What would happen if we applied for verification of why they allocated us every job  based on their algoritms ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 09:41:00 am by john m »

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 09:59:27 am »
FN are probably covered when we sign up to the "Small Print" giving permission for them to screw us whatever way they want
One of the points in the article reads
"•the individual has explicitly given his consent to a decision based on the algorithm."
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 12:10:26 pm »
Sweet fuckin' Jaysus!!!!!!!!

dalymount

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 01:10:56 pm »
What I dont understand is,if the EU said they will not offer a new deal,how do the people who insist they want a deal expect to get it ??? It Has to be no deal if the EU wont deal surely ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 01:40:38 pm »
They should do a TV programme with...let's say...Noel Edmonds....and call it Deal or No Deal.

john m

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 01:48:45 pm »
What I dont understand is,if the EU said they will not offer a new deal,how do the people who insist they want a deal expect to get it ??? It Has to be no deal if the EU wont deal surely ?

Brits think that they are important enough for the EU to change all their rules to suit them .Brits have two choices crash out eat their own shit for a few years then come back begging to be let back in or Eat their own shit and accept the backstop .Brits voted to eat shit its just how they eat it that is up for discussion.British government will collapse before end of October then the fixed term protocol might mean the Queen asks somebody else to try form a government of national unity .Corbyn or Borris would have less chance of leading that than a convicted pedophile .Hillary Benn could be the dark horse .

john m

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 02:05:11 pm »
The U.K. data protection authority said it will serve hotel giant Marriott with a £99 million ($123 million) fine for a data breach that exposed up to 383 million guests.

Marriott revealed last year that its acquired Starwood properties had its central reservation database hacked, including five million unencrypted passport numbers and eight million credit card records. The breach dated back to 2014 but was not discovered until November 2018. Marriott later pulled the hacked reservation system from its operations.

The U.K.’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) said its investigation found that Marriott “failed to undertake sufficient due diligence when it bought Starwood and should also have done more to secure its systems.”

The breach affected about 30 million residents of the European Union, according to the ICO, which confirmed the proposed fine in a statement Tuesday.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 02:21:35 pm »
I reminded a Bostonian growler-provider only last night that "Starbucks" was a character in "Moby Dick", the novel by Herman Melville. She spat my load right back out at me........M'Lud.

dalymount

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 02:36:03 pm »
John I still say the EU will crack,and your pal Leo will agree to hang Ireland out to dry.when will tou accept the EU dont give  a bollox about a small country like us,we are being used as a pawn in their game of chess with the UK.no doubt this will become apparent to you at a later stage.I sincerely hope this will be the beginning of the end for this shower of unelected bureaucrats who supposedly represent Europe

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 03:26:53 pm »
Are british remain politicians completely stupid or what. ??it stand to reason if you make Boris take no deal off the table its game set and match to unelected bureaucrats in Europe

Offline watty

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 06:18:18 pm »
Just a thought if Brexit happens how will UBER and MEtaxi deal with it .British App users will not be allowed to use their app in mainland europe as the UK will not be part of the European Data chain as they will be outside EU law .How will the apps make sure these users cannot use their apps in the EU as allowing them to be used would contravine the European Data Protection Act .
<snip>
I think GDPR relates to how the data controller (FN) uses and stores the data.  As long as the Brits' info is stored on EU computers, FN should be OK (imho).  Afterall, plenty of America tourists download the app when in Ireland and use it to get back to the airport.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 06:52:55 pm »
I reminded a Bostonian growler-provider only last night that "Starbucks" was a character in "Moby Dick", the novel by Herman Melville. She spat my load right back out at me........M'Lud.

There was a Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica as well. ???

john m

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 10:39:57 pm »
Are british remain politicians completely stupid or what. ??it stand to reason if you make Boris take no deal off the table its game set and match to unelected bureaucrats in Europe

Ill try for about the Billionth time to explain it to you .Cameron and Labour thought there was no chance of Brexit so never campaigned for remain .THE BRITS DO NOT WANT TO BREXIT ,NEVER DID most voters didnt turn up to vote as they thought it was a fore gone conclusion that remain would win .Tessy May insisted on the Backstop knowing that that was unacceptable to the British Parliament and that in the end they would remain or offer a 2nd referendum but Farage turned up that was a game changer as it threatened the CONSERVATIVES and the CONSERVATIVES are only concerned about the CONSERVATIVES .Do you really believe that a semi spastic moronic retard like Boris is the best the British have to offer .He is being set up to fail and he will take the likes of Reese Mogg and the rest of the extreme right with him .Farage is the fly in the ointment is there enough LOYAL CONSERVATIVES willing to bring down Borris tosave the United Kingdom .Huge move today A Scottish Woman has been elected leader of the Liberals that makes the liberals unelectable for most English voters .I have said it all along the CONSERVATIVES WILL try for Brexit even a crash out to save their party but that will destroy their country and us .The whole Brexit thing reminds me of the time Big Dommos brother was mouthing off about kicking the bollox out of somebody every body knew it was silly talk but the fella he was threatening knocked on his front door and called him out .Dommo said you cant back down but the brother said he will fucking kill me Dommo said not if you kill him first .They faced off in the Playground both of them had shooters .Faced with the reality that one of themwas going o be made dead and there was a chance both of them would be made dead they backed down but if one of them showed weakness he was getting shot in the face.You need to realize Britain is a small little insignifigant island off the coast of europe they simply dont matter why would Europe back down sure some blokes in blow up boats just captured one of their oil tankers and they did fuck all they are a spent force a nation of shopkeepers and unemployable wasters .Britain lost the war won the fighting part but lost the Peace Churchill invited the world to come to Britain to help to rebuild it and its wealth thinking the workers would go home they didnt Churchill will go down in history as a great war time leader but a Traitor to his nation .Britain is a cesspool of wasters If they crash out there will be civil war if the EU caves then the European Union is finished .Britain are the Sacrificial Lamb and Boris and Farage are the butchers who will kill it .I dont know how many papers you read but I recon I was the first person to suggest Boris might not even be PM if he wins the vote and that somebody other than the Blond I will fuck anything moron or Corbin I fuck Black will be the next British Prime Minister .Ask yourself do Britain want to commit suicide that the question and the European Union dont give a flying fuck if they do so they wont be backing down .Leo the Soddomite Prince or Paggo the illiterate might like to compromise but I dont think Coveney will play ball.If there is a hard Brexit thousands of British citizens will lose their lives .I hate Political Violence it is based on absolute ignorance just look north how many lives lost to prejudice .Personally I dont think Boris will last till Halloween .
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:44:24 pm by john m »

Show Unread Posts